Doesn't make sense to me

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by dee, Jan 6, 2009.

1. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Ok so i was at the range new years day and while shooting my .41 at the 25yd range heared a cannon go off at the 50yd range didn't think much of it kept going about my own business. Then when I was headed up to the handgun range saw a guy carring a huge rifle from the 50yd didn't think much about it till i went to the 100yrd to make sure the AR was still on the guy was shooting a .50 cal but not a t the targets they put up but at rocks and other things in the backstop about halfway up it. So what do ya'll think about that?

2. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I do the same thing when I get bored, paper gets boring and it's nice to have a reactive target sometimes.

3. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    They just put the paper up thats roughly $4.00 - $5.00 a shot depending on ammo type alot to shot at a rock at a week 100 yds with an extreme long range rifle. Its like me taking my AR to the 25yd range.

4. kville79

kville79 Active Member

May 24, 2008
    Austin
    ok, I agree paper gets boring... and I've been guilty of shooting random stuff while hunting because I was bored as hell. But shooting rocks at a 50yrd range with a .50 sounds a little overboard too me. BTW black powder .50 or centerfire?

5. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Centerfire and if wanred to just shoot random stuff they should have went to the land they were talking about not at a range ment to shoot paper targets at.

6. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I can understand shooting rocks and stuff at the back stop with a regular caliber but not a fifty at 100 yards that seems kinda of a waste