• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OBQ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Love my 10 year old Basset Hound. But, the poor old girl seems to know exactly when I sit down to either watch t.v. or surf the internet. Always, not usually, always, as soon as I start to do either, she has to go outside!

At least she is still asking to go out and not using the floor. Got to love the old girl.
    Texas SOT

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    My Yorkshire terrier Sunshine is stretched out behind me right now. Don't know why, but she refuses to leave me alone when I'm on the computer or watching TV. She always has to come over and flop down beside me, giving me a "Hey, I'm cute, pet me!" look.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    A tribute to Dax, my loyal GSD I had to put down in 2011 due to old age and illness

0501082.jpg

This is Hotch, our 1 year Husky.

020_zps011cde2e.jpg

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Hotch seems a bit big for only being a year old... What's he weigh?

I've always loved huskies (I blame Balto for that), and plan on getting a female Siberian when I've got my own place.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Here's Jake, my 8 pound Toy Fox Terrier. Jake will be 3 in April and has been with me since he was 6 weeks old. The first night that I had him, a thunder storm came through and scared Hell out of him. I got out of bed and held him until the storm passed. That was the start of an incredible relationship that I never knew was possible! He is by my side right now and when I reload, I pull up an extra chair so he can sit next to me!

The boy is all nose and ears. His radar ears can pick up the smallest sound. He rings a bell when he wants to go "out" and we're getting really good at "Show me what you want."

Flash

Attachments

• JAKE   1  1-26-2013.jpg
      JAKE 1 1-26-2013.jpg
      68.5 KB · Views: 104
    Last edited:

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    zuvuza7a.jpg

Was always told Dobermans are very smart I thinks I got the one they fed paint chips to or something :-/

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Thanks! I spend almost 24/7 with Jake and never wanted him to be a "dog" doing tricks and such. I wanted to see how far along he could go in communicating with me as his "Daddy". When Jake wants something, he'll come and stare at me. I soon get the idea that he wants something so I begin to ask him questions. When I get to the right question, he jumps and reacts!

I used to see Lassie and Rin Tin Tin do that but always thought it was just for the TV show. The dog actually knows what I'm asking him!

Also, I don't use pro-nouns. I am "Daddy, never "ME" or "I". The communication would be "Daddy wants Jake to go outside and play", never "I want you to go outside. He knows exactly what I'm saying if I'm very consistent in speaking to him.

I'll cuss the computer (pretty common, I'm afraid), and he gets agitated until I say "Jake is a good boy". He knows then that I'm not pissed off at him so he chills out. He gets it 100%

Flash

SublimeZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Austin
    We're over-run with dogs

Wolfgang Sable- GSD 100#

007.jpg

002-3.jpg

Marley- Black GSD 75#

003-3.jpg