• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Wow, I've been to Heritage only once looking for a part I couldn't find anywhere else. They GAVE it to me. Wouldn't accept any payment. He's good in my book.

As far as AGL, Scott has always been a great guy to deal with. I've bought 2 guns there and some other stuff over the last few years.

Maybe just maybe, it's the customer??? Just saying.
    Target Sports

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Done with Texas Heritage Firearms and this thread.

Unreal. Post my recommendation based upon my experiences and people attack me.

I haven't had any other issues with LGSs in ATX and have done business with several of them. No issues on gunbroker either.

Im not "that guy". When I'm treated with hostility and I respond graciously and its met with more rudeness, I've had enough.

PM me if you have any other comments. Feel free to shut down/lock this thread.

The problem is that you did not tell us anything about your experiences other than that somehow you got a boo boo on your feelings.

You can never tell how a thread like this will go but if you want to take your toys and go home that's your decision.

I ask the mods to leave the thread open.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Done with Texas Heritage Firearms and this thread.

Unreal. Post my recommendation based upon my experiences and people attack me.

I haven't had any other issues with LGSs in ATX and have done business with several of them. No issues on gunbroker either.

Im not "that guy". When I'm treated with hostility and I respond graciously and its met with more rudeness, I've had enough.

PM me if you have any other comments. Feel free to shut down/lock this thread.

Problem is, you have no details of your experience. Now you are butt hurt over nothing in this thread.

Leads me to believe you got butt hurt over little to nothing at the gun store also.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Pretty unrealistic to come in here complaining about a LGS, without telling the complete story, and expect us to jump on your bandwagon. There's always two sides to a story, and the way you are reacting to our responses make me think that maybe you were part of the problem in the store.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I've been there a few times and it's not a particularly friendly place. They don't have a huge selection but they sometimes have interesting used stuff.

I thought I read somewhere here that it changed ownership recently. Last time I went was about a month ago and it seemed to be spruced up a little, and there was a lady behind the counter (new owner, perhaps?) who was much more pleasant than the guys I remembered.

Bone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    That lady was new, huh? Saw her in December. The guy usually behind the counter isn't going to win any charm awards, but he's a gun shop guy! Their gunsmith (Ken?) does great work.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    I went there last month. The new management was certainly better than the previous, but still rather unenthusiastic about a younger guy like me. I asked if he had what I was looking for, he gave me one word answers, so I just kept looking around. Wasn't much of anything there, except an older customer sitting on a stool chatting with the (I assume) owner. I'm looking for one of those types of shops that I can just stop in once or twice a month, pick up any good deals I see and BS with the employees. He didn't seem to care much for my comments. But once I made a comment about "I'm not gonna pay $50 for PMags, that's ridiculous" he gave me a harsh look. Hey, I'm not that tacky. I looked around to see if he had PMags, I didn't see any and assumed he had sold out. But I did find them tucked away in a corner later, and noticed the price was definitely not $15 if you get my drift lol. I think I annoyed him, and I wasn't a huge fan of him either. So my experience wasn't the greatest again. I'm not "done" with them, and will still visit from time to time, but with GT just down the road from my work, and The Gun Shop down the road from my house, I'll probably be frequenting those places instead.

Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    I went there last month. The new management was certainly better than the previous, but still rather unenthusiastic about a younger guy like me. I asked if he had what I was looking for, he gave me one word answers, so I just kept looking around. Wasn't much of anything there, except an older customer sitting on a stool chatting with the (I assume) owner. I'm looking for one of those types of shops that I can just stop in once or twice a month, pick up any good deals I see and BS with the employees. He didn't seem to care much for my comments. But once I made a comment about "I'm not gonna pay $50 for PMags, that's ridiculous" he gave me a harsh look. Hey, I'm not that tacky. I looked around to see if he had PMags, I didn't see any and assumed he had sold out. But I did find them tucked away in a corner later, and noticed the price was definitely not $15 if you get my drift lol. I think I annoyed him, and I wasn't a huge fan of him either. So my experience wasn't the greatest again. I'm not "done" with them, and will still visit from time to time, but with GT just down the road from my work, and The Gun Shop down the road from my house, I'll probably be frequenting those places instead.
    Went into Heritage a month or so back. A complete waste of my time, regards (lack of) inventory. The lady behind the counter was very friendly. She seemed to chat with everyone. The gentleman behind the counter was neither polite or impolite. I'm thinking he's stressed out w/supply not meeting demand. Also, from gun shows & listening to comments at gun stores from customers I'd imagine the "new flock of OMG soon all guns will be banned" folks are somewhat ignorant of these machines that go bang. Probably gets rather tiresome to the worker bees.

GT, AGL, Reds (yes, bought a few), McBrides, and Academy are the places I gun shop. *Never, ever again will I go to the gun store in Georgetown. LOL, Glock 33rd mag @$79! I ordered same on Glockstore.com for $49.

Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    there are a lot of gun shops with the problems you speak of. But heritage has been good to me. Bought a yugo sks back in 05' first rifle and they threw in a little ammo, cleaning supplies and the leather ammo pouches. Now AGL I WONT EVER GO TO AGAIN!
    LOL, I called AGL about a specific handgun. No luck, he asked if I wanted to place an order. Did not order but gave him my ph#. He calls me back a couple of weeks later to let me know he got it in ... several hours later it was mine.

Why DO YOU NOT LIKE AGL?

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    If you won't elaborate don't expect anybody to care what you think.

If you want people to see your original post either re-post or provide a link, and if you don't want to do that you really can't expect anybody to care about your opinion.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've always been a confrontational person who does not suffer in silence! If someone jacks with me, they'll hear about it in person.....FTF as we say on TGT.

Spill the details here, get a good, long thread going then send them a link to the thread. I'd want them to know what I did.

The results? I've been threatened with lawsuits countless times, have been sued and have sued many sorry assholes. I'm still here. The bastards won't scare me!

That's my take on it. Do what you want to do.

Flash

Last edited:

riqi007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I've been to the shop many times (I sold a lot of my gun collection over the last two years, YES, I'm kicking myself now) and the new owner (he worked there before) is not the most approachable person in the world. I have to say that he has always treated me fairly and I've never felt like he would not take care of a problem. Only issue I've ever had was with the former owner (installing a front sight) and the new owner offered to make it right. Could not ask for more than that.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    LOL, I called AGL about a specific handgun. No luck, he asked if I wanted to place an order. Did not order but gave him my ph#. He calls me back a couple of weeks later to let me know he got it in ... several hours later it was mine.

Why DO YOU NOT LIKE AGL?

They support background checks on private gun sales.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    well when you have an article posted in the statesman about support for background checks on private gun sales. Then thats a good reason for me to never go there again.
    Found the article: Local gun dealers have mixed reactions to Obama plan | www.statesman.com
    “I’m not sure (Obama) has any authority to create an executive action on Second Amendment rights we hold,” said Steve Rose, a partner at Austin Gun Liquidators in Round Rock. “I personally am not opposed to a background check on any firearm transfer. I don’t believe it’s the right of the government to ban any type of weapons except automatic weapons. A lot of people don’t understand why a person would need a semi-automatic weapon. It’s just a self-defense mechanism. If you have wild hogs on your property, you want to shoot as many as you can before they can run away because they’re very destructive. But I would not be opposed to closing the loophole of selling individual to individual without a background check, and the mental health aspect as well.”
    "loophole"???? WTF, over...
    I'm not sure who Steve Rose is. Does he work in the store?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom