Dove Season 2009!

Discussion in 'Texas Hunting & Fishing' started by Phoebe Ann, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    Dove season opening is fast approaching. For the North and Central zone it opens on Sept. 1. For the South zone, opening is Sept. 18.

Who's going? Traditional hunt? Big group? What's your story for this year or years past?

Phoebe Ann has no plans for opening day this year but still has ~ 15 days to work it. :p

2. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I am actually leaving Sunday for Mexico, wooooohooooooooooo~!!!!!!! Group of around 15 of us. Hopefully, lots of sore shoulders and cold beer!

3. Sniper John

Sniper John Member

Aug 22, 2009
    North Texas
    I will be out in a leased field with a bunch of others which I do about have the opening day dove seasons. Definately need to be wearing some eye protection.

4. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Dove Season

Not seeing a lot of doves in my part of Comanche County, am 14 miles from Hamilton, TX in Hamilton County, don't see many there. The weather has been hot and dry, perhaps a scarcity of grain and sunflower seeds they feed on..

For your info....

5. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Looks like our Traditional "invite" to hunt a friend of a friends place ,isn't going to work out this year. I did get on with some friends from work (last minute invite), for the Central zone openinig day. I'm not to sure what will happen for the south zone, yet.

6. MuddyWaterMan

MuddyWaterMan Active Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    [​IMG]

I'm ready!!!!

7. Sniper John

Sniper John Member

Aug 22, 2009
    North Texas
    Looks like someone got a new over under. Nice!
    I picked up a SxS that I will try out this dove season. My first SxS and my first 20 GA. I have almost always hunted with 12s.

[​IMG]

8. CharlieBear

CharlieBear New Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    I am in the South Zone, south of San Diego, and it is a nuclear wasteland! only 1 out of 3 tanks have water, cruised the Ranch for about 30 minutes and saw few dove and no quail.

9. cnl390

cnl390 Active Member

May 27, 2009
    Where are you going? I am going to plan a trip but need to find a nice place. Preferably one that has a pool and an all day open bar so my wife can go.

10. Gutshot

Gutshot Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Justin, Texas
    Anybody got a place one could hunt cheap close to DFW?