• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Here in TX, I seriously doubt that any jury would convict you of assault IF you decide to slap the H out of a flag-burning TRAITOR & that presumes that you could find a city/county/State officer who was willing to apprehend a flag DEFENDER.
    (In this county, you might well get help in "POUNDING ON" a flag-burning TRAITOR. = The Alamo City has the LARGEST percentage of military & EX-GIs in the USA.)

yours, satx

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    As a veteran, I'd have a tough time looking the other way in the case of someone assaulting another for exercising a right. Assuming it's on private property and legal I see no justification for violence against the person.

Assuming it's public property (street/sidewalk) I don't believe there is justification for assault for the act of flag burning. Only justification to put out the fire. Physical attacks for any reason other than self defense are unjustified. That's what the leftists do.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    As a veteran, I'd have a tough time looking the other way in the case of someone assaulting another for exercising a right. Assuming it's on private property and legal I see no justification for violence against the person.

Assuming it's public property (street/sidewalk) I don't believe there is justification for assault for the act of flag burning. Only justification to put out the fire. Physical attacks for any reason other than self defense are unjustified. That's what the leftists do.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    But what if when you attack them they stand their ground and shoot you?this is an LTC state after all. Alternatively what if they pelt you mercilessly with stale beignets?

Wait didn't you say you were a retired cop? Now you're advocating violence to suppress people using their God given right to free speech?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

You can say that again!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Although I don't agree with flag burning, if they bought it they can do what they want as long as it is in a legal way. Now if the government decides to burn the constitution all bets are off.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    But what if when you attack them they stand their ground and shoot you?this is an LTC state after all. Alternatively what if they pelt you mercilessly with stale beignets?

Wait didn't you say you were a retired cop? Now you're advocating violence to suppress people using their God given right to free speech?

zincwarrior,

WHERE/WHEN did I say that I would assault anyone?
    (NEVER is the correct answer, though I freely admit that I'd enjoy taking a horsewhip to them. = I've lost too many friends to the TREASONOUS leftists to much care what happens to them.)

Nonetheless, flag-burning, stomping upon and/or defecating/urinating upon a flag (as members of "the Antifas FILTH" did at Charlottesville last week) is NOT FREE SPEECH; instead, it's "action". = WORDS have meaning & the Founders KNEW what "free speech" was/is.
    The federal courts ever deciding that it is "speech" was a STUPID decision that should be immediately reversed by the SCOTUS. - Incidentally, the flag in the original decision was PRIVATE PROPERTY, which was pulled down from private property & burned/desecrated by a mob of rioters.
    (In NC/SC/TX & in the rest of the South, I wouldn't be surprised to see police officers stand quietly by, while such scum were "worked over" by one or more GIs.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Give 'em a call, I'm sure they would be glad to hear form you.

AustinN4,

Don't you understand YET that what the majority of "nobody special" citizens like you/me out here "in flyover country" believe/desire is MEANINGLESS to the elites??
    (The DC Swamp is filled with insufferably SELF-interested people who care ONLY about "the inside the beltway smart set" cares about/feels, including 4-5 of the SCOTUS.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Speak for yourself!

AustinN4,

Certainly the SELF-IMPORTANT elites of the government believe that neither of us (nor likely any other member here) are important enough to even listen to.
    (Any number of the "leaders" have openly said how little regard that they have for anyone's opinions, outside the wants/desires of "the smart set".)

PITY that you don't know that FACT.

yours, satx

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Certainly the SELF-IMPORTANT elites of the government believe that neither of us (nor likely any other member here) are important enough to even listen to.
    Again, speak for yourself. I have them on speed dial. They take my calls. Maybe they have you on BLOCK?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    AustinN4,

I speak ONLY for myself & based on my personal experience. - Further, I strongly suspect that IF they take your calls & "act" as if they are listening respectfully that they IGNORE your requests when they hang up.
    (I once worked for a member of the US HoR & I know how little regard that most of the "public servants" have for ANYBODY but their RICHEST DONORS & "the smart set" from inside the DC beltway.)

In case you don't know the Congressional offices have lists of donors who have "maxed out" on annual donations.
    If you are NOT on that list, your opinion/request will be "politely listened to" & then IGNORED in 99.99% of cases.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This is why we have jurys. Cases often don't fit a perfect box and what Zinc calls assault, I call fire safety. What I call assault
    zincwarrior,

WHERE/WHEN did I say that I would assault anyone?
    (NEVER is the correct answer, though I freely admit that I'd enjoy taking a horsewhip to them. = I've lost too many friends to the TREASONOUS leftists to much care what happens to them.)

Nonetheless, flag-burning, stomping upon and/or defecating/urinating upon a flag (as members of "the Antifas FILTH" did at Charlottesville last week) is NOT FREE SPEECH; instead, it's "action". = WORDS have meaning & the Founders KNEW what "free speech" was/is.
    The federal courts ever deciding that it is "speech" was a STUPID decision that should be immediately reversed by the SCOTUS. - Incidentally, the flag in the original decision was PRIVATE PROPERTY, which was pulled down from private property & burned/desecrated by a mob of rioters.
    (In NC/SC/TX & in the rest of the South, I wouldn't be surprised to see police officers stand quietly by, while such scum were "worked over" by one or more GIs.)

yours, satx

Typing on a computer is an action. Running a printing press is an action. Yelling in to a bullhorn is an action. Painting a picture is an action. Creating a sculpture is an action.

The founders no more considered free speech to encompass only words than bearing arms to apply only to muskets.

Free speech protects the free expression of ideas.

Public defecation is typically illegal though. Your use of extreme cases does not prove a rule nor does it prove shitting on the sidewalk is protected speech. However, the vile act of defecating on the flag most likely is and will continue to be.

If things that make us angry should be banned, then I guess we might as well rip down all those statues. You get your bite of the apple and they get there's. Soon y'all will have insured there are no pesky freedoms left to squabble over.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    The founders no more considered free speech to encompass only words than bearing arms to apply only to muskets. .

Younggun,

And you KNOW that exactly HOW??

Defacing/destroying public property has been a serious FELONY for at least 2 centuries rather than "free speech" or "free expression", as has committing arson, breaking windows, overturning/setting fire to police vehicles, etc.

Out Founding Fathers would be astounded that anyone of normal intelligence would ever believe that public defecating/urinating on the flag of the USA would EVER be considered "free speech", rather than UNLAWFUL action & which would be likely to cause a "reasonable man" to resort to violence to protect the flag from desecration. Further, I believe that Washington, Jefferson, Mason & the other Founders would consider such disgusting action to be an attack on the Republic itself.

yours, satx

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Younggun,

And you KNOW that exactly HOW??

Defacing/destroying public property has been a serious FELONY for at least 2 centuries rather than "free speech" or "free expression", as has committing arson, breaking windows, overturning/setting fire to police vehicles, etc.

Out Founding Fathers would be astounded that anyone of normal intelligence would ever believe that public defecating/urinating on the flag of the USA would EVER be considered "free speech", rather than UNLAWFUL action & which would be likely to cause a "reasonable man" to resort to violence to protect the flag from desecration. Further, I believe that Washington, Jefferson, Mason & the other Founders would consider such disgusting action to be an attack on the Republic itself.

yours, satx
    Except burning your own privately owned flag is not destroying public property. That's why the offenders in the OP can be prosecuted, but Bob the anarchist buying a flag and then burning it, is not.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zincwarrior,

Out of idle curiosity, WTH are you trying to say?? = Your post above is even more incomprehensible than your usual prattle routinely is.

yours, satx

Top Bottom