• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Just responding to your always interesting post. You are conflating public and private, and your opinion of how the founder's would have viewed flag burning is unsupported and merely opinion.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zincwarrior,

The reason that I ask is that your 1st sentence in #139 is "peculiar" at best & sounds like something written by a person whose 1st language is other than English. - Did you bother to read what you posted?

yours, tex

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Younggun,

And you KNOW that exactly HOW??

Defacing/destroying public property has been a serious FELONY for at least 2 centuries rather than "free speech" or "free expression", as has committing arson, breaking windows, overturning/setting fire to police vehicles, etc.

Out Founding Fathers would be astounded that anyone of normal intelligence would ever believe that public defecating/urinating on the flag of the USA would EVER be considered "free speech", rather than UNLAWFUL action & which would be likely to cause a "reasonable man" to resort to violence to protect the flag from desecration. Further, I believe that Washington, Jefferson, Mason & the other Founders would consider such disgusting action to be an attack on the Republic itself.

yours, satx

You just moved the goal post from flag burning to defacing public property. Most likely because you realize your argument was failing.

If you want to argue flag burning, stay with it. If you want to argue defacing public property you'll get no arguments. However, if you are attempting to draw a comparison between the two your arguments are an utter failure regardless of how many words you put in all caps or quotation marks.

If you can't make your point without resorting to straw men or attempting to change the point of contention, your opinion on the subject is probably not one that can be supported through logic and reason.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    You just moved the goal post from flag burning to defacing public property. Most likely because you realize your argument was failing.

If you want to argue flag burning, stay with it. If you want to argue defacing public property you'll get no arguments. However, if you are attempting to draw a comparison between the two your arguments are an utter failure regardless of how many words you put in all caps or quotation marks.

If you can't make your point without resorting to straw men or attempting to change the point of contention, your opinion on the subject is probably not one that can be supported through logic and reason.

Younggun,

I see BOTH as an ATTACK on our Republic & your opinion as just that: opinion.

Fwiw, I couldn't care less about whether you like/don't like my admittedly eccentric typing style.

yours, satx

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Saw this on another forum and thought this was a good place to share it:
    y1tvrllrr6hz.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Younggun,

I see BOTH as an ATTACK on our Republic & your opinion as just that: opinion.

Fwiw, I couldn't care less about whether you like/don't like my admittedly eccentric typing style.

yours, satx

Obviously. You seem to put as much stock in my opinion as you do logic and reason.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Just responding to your always interesting post. You are conflating public and private, and your opinion of how the founder's would have viewed flag burning is unsupported and merely opinion.

zincwarrior,

As is what you posted above nothing more or less than your unsupported/personal opinion.
    Btw, in the original case that was (wrongly, imo) decided by the SCOTUS, the flag that was ripped down & burned/stomped upon was not the private property of the flag-burner & that action was not only destruction of property (a felony) but also a violation of The Texas Venerated Objects & Places Act.
    (Had the activist federal court NOT agreed to hear the case, Texas would have handled then case under our State law, which protected objects/places like historic relics, museum property, statues, gravesites, flags, churches, synagogues, mosques from desecration, vandalism, arson, intentional damage, unlawful destruction AND our TX jury in the case would have decided the criminal case. IF the State court had shown itself to be incapable of handling the case, then the federal courts could have intervened .)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Obviously. You seem to put as much stock in my opinion as you do logic and reason.

Younggun,

Pardon me for pointing out that many of your posts have little sign of logic or reason & are generally nothing more than your unsupported opinion(s) & a wish to argue about something/anything..

yours, satx

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Younggun,

Pardon me for pointing out that many of your posts have little sign of logic or reason & are generally nothing more than your unsupported opinion(s) & a wish to argue about something/anything..

yours, satx

Except that when I post I can support my opinions when pressed and have no need to move the goal post, resort to straw men, or respond without addressing the question or statement towards my conclusion.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    zincwarrior,

As is what you posted above nothing more or less than your unsupported/personal opinion.
    Btw, in the original case that was (wrongly, imo) decided by the SCOTUS, the flag that was ripped down & burned/stomped upon was not the private property of the flag-burner & that action was not only destruction of property (a felony) but also a violation of The Texas Venerated Objects & Places Act.
    (Had the activist federal court NOT agreed to hear the case, Texas would have handled then case under our State law, which protected objects/places like historic relics, museum property, statues, gravesites, flags, churches, synagogues, mosques from desecration, vandalism, arson, intentional damage, unlawful destruction AND our TX jury in the case would have decided the criminal case. IF the State court had shown itself to be incapable of handling the case, then the federal courts could have intervened .)

yours, satx

Name the case so that we may investigate further.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Saw this on another forum and thought this was a good place to share it:
    y1tvrllrr6hz.jpg

AustinN4,

Fyi, the guy with the CSA Battle-flag is a dear friend of mine & a member-in-good-standing of The Sons of Confederate veterans. = HK's G-G-Grandfather was a CPL of the CSA, who was wounded twice during TWBTS.
    (I don't know who the guy with the BLM sign is.)

Compatriot HK is a former Chapter President of the North Carolina NAACP & a former officer of NC Chapter of The Urban League, as well.

Fwiw, "HK" was once rather well known in Austin as he camped put at the State Capitol, when it was reported that ANYONE who "showed the Rebel flag" there was to be arrested & charged with criminal trespassing. = He set up a "pup tent" on the front lawn & "moved-in to await further developments".
    (NOPE, he wasn't arrested, as the DPS officers thought that his 1-man "protest" was FUNNY, dropped by his camp to chat & frequently bought him donuts./coffee.)

By the 3rd day of his "camp-out", many Austin ladies (some of whom were stunningly beautiful, btw) dropped by to take photos, ask for his autograph & to bring him home-cooked food/cakes/pies/cookies/milkshakes.
    (HK told me later that he gained 10# from all the rich foods/sweets & that he got KISSED/HUGGED a lot.)

yours, satx

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Ah, he's the lone black guy. How many millions of descendants are there of the 180,000 men that served for the North I wonder, men that risked (at best) being again enslaved if captured and more likely killed on the spot.I wonder what their opinion is.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zincwarrior,

IF you mean "the lone black guy", i.e., Black SCV member, you are dead wrong. = We have any number of A-A members.
    Probably Nelson Wimbush is the most well-known as he's published a book about his ancestor's CSA service as a Sergeant, late of The CSA State Artillery, gunner/artillerist.
    (The SCV has many Asian, Black, Jewish, Latino, Native American & White members. = The United Confederate Veterans was once the LARGEST desegregated/multiracial men's organization in the USA, until old age/death decimated the UCV ranks.)
    Note: My paternal G-G-grandfather was once the Indian Territory/OK Commander of the SCV until his passing in 1912.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Ah, he's the lone black guy. How many millions of descendants are there of the 180,000 men that served for the North I wonder, men that risked (at best) being again enslaved if captured and more likely killed on the spot.I wonder what their opinion is.

zincwarrior,

I have no problem telling you about how the tens of thousands of descendants of the many A-A CSA Prisoners of War who were tortured/starved/denied medical care/murdered in cold-blood in the DY's Concentration Camps like the Point Lookout DEATH CAMP at Scotland, MD & Camp Douglas in Chicago: STILL ANGRY pretty well covers their attitude in 2017.
    (Southerners have LONG memories & we will never forget how our POWs were mistreated by the Lincoln maladministration & by the Union High Command.)

My family had 3 soldier boys (23rd NC Infantry) who were murdered at PLPOWC & one who was beaten to death with rifle-butts at Camp Douglas.
    (NON-white, Jewish, Latino & Roman Catholic POWs were deemed to be "non-humans" by the DYs & were routinely murdered as "not worth feeding".)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    What about Durham? The rabbit holes and other asides are a distraction . . .

Diesel1959,

You are CORRECT. - This thread HAS wandered far off-topic.

As of 1440, 22AUG17 I've heard ZILCH about additional apprehensions by the NCSP. - I'm told by sources in NC that there are several outstanding felony warrants for participants in the Durham riots & the destruction of State property.

yours, satx

Top Bottom