• V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Very nice.

Do you work on a customers gun like that?
    Or is this a once and done kind of thing?
    Honestly all the guns I have done have been mine, friends or family. And have only charged for parts not anything for labor and lot of times not even for the parts.

I have always turned down requests for "commercial work" as I am not qualified or skilled enough to charge folks.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Honestly all the guns I have done have been mine, friends or family. And have only charged for parts not anything for labor and lot of times not even for the parts.

I have always turned down requests for "commercial work" as I am not qualified or skilled enough to charge folks.
    I have met more than a few commercial gunsmiths that don't have a 10th of your talent.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    A Sunday go to meeting kind of gun.............

Flashy, pimped, gaudy, ostentatious, razzle dazzle, show off, flamboyant, extravagant, over done.........safe queen except for special occasions....weddings and BBQ's..........

Typically a Southern thang.........
    <>

Not ‘flashy or pimped’’, but the others you said.

Like an older Python with real ivory grip panels in a custom holster.

<>

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    @V-Tach do you mind sharing which stones you use?

They were bought from Brownells several years ago individually. Each fits a specific track/slot on the 1911 (although can be used on all guns). Don't know if they still offer these specific stones or not...

20240206_084826[1].jpg

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    They were bought from Brownells several years ago individually. Each fits a specific track/slot on the 1911 (although can be used on all guns). Don't know if they still offer these specific stones or not...

View attachment 432177
    I need to stone my Colt's trigger bar. I think it is hanging up the slightest bit. Im sure you would know exactly what to stone on it but for me its process of elimination situation

it has the slightest bit of rough takeup. Drives me nuts but most regular people wont notice bc other than that its an outstanding trigger

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Man, you need to drop that attitude and take commissions - be picky, keep 'em small enough that you still enjoy the work, but this is something you're good at that people will pay for and be happy they did.

Besides, if I get to consider myself a competent enough bladesmith/blacksmith to charge for my work, you damn sure qualify as a competent enough engraver to charge for yours.

Top Bottom