• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I see. Thank you for the reply. The two years is placed on everyone whose license is revoked. It actually had nothing to do with your not sending your license back.

See 411.186 of the Texas Government Code, The CHL laws

I've heard of this rumor too. Can one voluntarily send their license back in and ask that it be cancelled (before it get's revoked) to get around the additional 2 years?

That's the way I've heard it told and seems to fit his story and the letter of the law.

The discussion I remember this from was about divorce and how SOP in divorce is to file a restraining order so it's best to either get out in front and stop the restraining order in preliminary negotiations or voluntarily surrender your license.
    Lynx Defense

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I've heard of this rumor too. Can one voluntarily send their license back in and ask that it be cancelled (before it get's revoked) to get around the additional 2 years?

That's the way I've heard it told and seems to fit his story and the letter of the law.

The discussion I remember this from was about divorce and how SOP in divorce is to file a restraining order so it's best to either get out in front and stop the restraining order in preliminary negotiations or voluntarily surrender your license.

That's an interesting question. I don't see a legislative or administrative method to voluntarily cancel a license.

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    I re-read the thread and I'm not sure what the term ".....caught a case..." means. Please educate me.

You guys are making me feel old. I remember when "caught a case" meant a trip to the doc to deal with painful urination or other nether-region symptoms.

Top Bottom