E-cigs! guess this is the right place for this...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    a few days ago i gota joye 510 mega ecig device.

haven't bought a pack of smokes since. this thing is awesome! i always thought the whole ecig thing was just a gimmick- well i am loving it! already feeling healthier, getting my senseof taste and smell back. very impressed. any other 'vapers' on this board?
    Lynx Defense

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    That big of a difference huh?

Haven't made the plunge yet. The girl that cuts my hair let me try hers. First hit seemed a little harsh but it smoothed out as I continued. Work charges tobacco users $30/month additional premium for medical insurance. If you don't admit it and get caught, which I would because of required annual physicals, ALL insurance is null n void from what I've heard.

Check out Suggestions by Domineaux. He's a member here.

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Wife and I have them, we have the 510's. Nice battery life, and the liquid tips vs. the "cotton" are much smoother, and last waaaaay longer. Great way to quit smoking, after a while, I just stopped. Wife still uses hers, but then again, she's around a 15 and 16 year old more than me...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Are those the same as the one in gas stations, been considering chantix cause the nicotine replacement has always circle back to cigs for me.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I have used them. They are pretty good. The gas station here started selling the disposable ones. After this pack of cigs, I might buy another ecig. I have only tried a barfly disposable one I got online. It had the blue led. lol.

michael e

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    A guy at work uses them. He gets several diffrent flavors and mixes them. Have never tried them, I only smoke at work and it's the only way I get a brake. If I quit smoking would work 12hours non stop.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Chantix works amazingly well if you do it correctly. However, you have to want to quit. I used it the first time about three years ago and thought I had won after 30 days. I didn't really want to quit so it didn't stick. I used it the second time a year ago and apparently developed a reaction to it the second time. Depression in a major way began to occur. My wife asked me to stop before something bad happened. My latest round is using snus as an alternative. It seems to be working.

On topic now, I have a friend using the e-cigs and he swears by them.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have done quiet a bit of research on chantix, off their website and others, and talked with people who have used it. Seemed the worst side effects came from drinking while taking it. Also spoke with my wife about the depression and told her she may need to watch me incase I started acting crazy. Sorry for jacking the thread. I may look into the E cigs, starting to hit me more and more that the smokes are taking their toll.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I recommend you do more research before trying Chantix. It has very bad side effects for some.

Personally I just switched to a cigar a day, without inhaling. It is the right alternative for me. Your results may vary...

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I bought the NJoy system when they first came out and only really used it when i was somewhere i couldnt smoke. To me it took the craving away for a little while but it just wasnt the same as smoking a cig.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I just quit cold turkey back in 1984 when I thought I was having a heart attack while splitting
    some logs, couldn't breath very good, broke out in cold sweats,dizzy and said to myself I quit.
    Went threw a lot of gum and toothpicks but I got threw it.
    Then everything smelled better and food tasted better and I gained 30 lbs.LOL

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I bought the NJoy system when they first came out and only really used it when i was somewhere i couldnt smoke. To me it took the craving away for a little while but it just wasnt the same as smoking a cig.

ive got one of those too.

cant stand it honestly. i dont know if it is the juice or the automatic battery but i just hate it!

the 510 mega is super awesome though. super thick clouds of vapor and plenty of nicotine. satisfies my urge to "smoke" i love the physical act of it, and the ritual of taking out my tobacco and papers and rolling one by hand.

with the joye 510 system, i have replaced my smoking ritual with checking the fluid level topping off if necessary, priming my atomizer if it needs it, putting it together and finally "smoking"...

works for me so far! plus my wife lets me huff my vapor inside-of-doors

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    also there is a very simple modification to do to your fuzz filled cartridges to generate massive vapor puffs.

anyone interested?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have bought Chantix for my GF twice & an e-cig as well, works for a while then she goes back to the real thing.....:banghead:.

She has quit 15-20 times, lol.....

Project325

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    San Antonio
    I quit smoking 105 days ago. Chantix side effects were too severe. I read a book called The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr. There's a free PDF somewhere online, but I bought my copy. Also joined an an online support group provided by LiveStrong Dare to Quit smoking | LIVESTRONG.COM , also available as an iPhone app.

As long as you're not smoking actual cigs, then I say go for it!

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    yeah, i enjoy the cognitive effects of nicotine. the stuff helps me mentally settle down adn focus on a tough problem etc.

i am surprised i havent wanted a real smoke yet.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    ive got one of those too.

cant stand it honestly. i dont know if it is the juice or the automatic battery but i just hate it!

the 510 mega is super awesome though. super thick clouds of vapor and plenty of nicotine. satisfies my urge to "smoke" i love the physical act of it, and the ritual of taking out my tobacco and papers and rolling one by hand.

with the joye 510 system, i have replaced my smoking ritual with checking the fluid level topping off if necessary, priming my atomizer if it needs it, putting it together and finally "smoking"...

works for me so far! plus my wife lets me huff my vapor inside-of-doors

Do the e-cig's have nicotine?

As the future MD, I'm required to say, "smoking is bad." blah blah blah

Top Bottom