Ear Pro

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by robertc1024, Nov 5, 2013.

1. robertc1024

robertc1024 Not That Guy TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I searched and searched on here and couldn't find a relevant thread, so, what's a decent pair of ear-pro? I've got some cheap-ass ones now that are falling apart and they are too high profile. Howard Leight R-01526 looks good. Suggestions?

2. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    We use peltor combat ear plugs. They are reversable for indoor/outdoor.

3. TundraWookiee

TundraWookiee Scruffy Nerf Herder TGT Supporter

Jan 9, 2012
    Lake Jackson
    Howard Leight | Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff

I use these most of the time and I love them. You probably noticed that was what the majority of us were wearing at Hicksville. They do a good job at protecting your hearing while still allowing you to talk to people and stay aware of your surroundings.

I'm thinking I might try the Surefire Sonic Defenders sometime soon though for work since I have to wear them with a hard hat. I'll probably stick with my Impact Sports for the range though.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  4. shooterfpga

shooterfpga TGT Addict

Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Those are what i would buy if i were to get electronics. I almost picked up a pair last week but since i rarely use hearing protection except whats issued to me as required i decided to wait. I just recently had to take my annual auditory test so we will see how it pans out and if ill need better protection and to wear them more.

I will say after adding muzzlebrakes to my rifles recently, i definately think about wearing earpro more. The 308 isnt a problem its the 556 that makes my left ear ring.

I also dont want to be on a hearing profile, because i would like to pass board as im up for promotion again.

5. robertc1024

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Yeah I did see. Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure exactly what model it was though. I've blasted too many dove and quail over the years and don't need any more hearing loss.

6. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    The peltor shotgunner are my favorite non-electronic (I've been through a few lol). But those ones linked are probably the best electronic ones out there for your avg shooter.

7. robertc1024

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Good deal. Passing a $50 pair of ear-protection is way easier than an $1000+ 1911 to wifey-mate. lol. Appreciate the help guys.

8. Gig'emBCS

Gig'emBCS New Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Bryan Texas
  9. Gig'emBCS

Gig'emBCS New Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Bryan Texas
    Wait I just noticed the name of the second link I posted. Is that some Korean clone of Howard Leights or something lol.

10. TundraWookiee

TundraWookiee Scruffy Nerf Herder TGT Supporter

Jan 9, 2012
    Lake Jackson
    Sperian owns Howard Leight.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.