Ear Pro

robertc1024

Staff member
TGT Supporter
Jan 22, 2013
San Marcos
I searched and searched on here and couldn't find a relevant thread, so, what's a decent pair of ear-pro? I've got some cheap-ass ones now that are falling apart and they are too high profile. Howard Leight R-01526 looks good. Suggestions?

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
TGT Supporter
Jan 9, 2012
Cedar Park
Howard Leight | Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff

I use these most of the time and I love them. You probably noticed that was what the majority of us were wearing at Hicksville. They do a good job at protecting your hearing while still allowing you to talk to people and stay aware of your surroundings.

I'm thinking I might try the Surefire Sonic Defenders sometime soon though for work since I have to wear them with a hard hat. I'll probably stick with my Impact Sports for the range though.

Last edited:

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
Jul 24, 2011
Conroe, TX

I use these most of the time and I love them. You probably noticed that was what the majority of us were wearing at Hicksville. They do a good job at protecting your hearing while still allowing you to talk to people and stay aware of your surroundings.
Those are what i would buy if i were to get electronics. I almost picked up a pair last week but since i rarely use hearing protection except whats issued to me as required i decided to wait. I just recently had to take my annual auditory test so we will see how it pans out and if ill need better protection and to wear them more.

I will say after adding muzzlebrakes to my rifles recently, i definately think about wearing earpro more. The 308 isnt a problem its the 556 that makes my left ear ring.

I also dont want to be on a hearing profile, because i would like to pass board as im up for promotion again.

robertc1024

Staff member
TGT Supporter
Jan 22, 2013
San Marcos

I'm thinking I might try the Surefire Sonic Defenders sometime soon though for work since I have to wear them with a hard hat. I'll probably stick with my Impact Sports for the range though.
Yeah I did see. Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure exactly what model it was though. I've blasted too many dove and quail over the years and don't need any more hearing loss.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2012
Central Texas
The peltor shotgunner are my favorite non-electronic (I've been through a few lol). But those ones linked are probably the best electronic ones out there for your avg shooter.

robertc1024

Staff member
TGT Supporter
Jan 22, 2013
San Marcos
Good deal. Passing a $50 pair of ear-protection is way easier than an $1000+ 1911 to wifey-mate. lol. Appreciate the help guys.

Gig'emBCS

Sep 21, 2013
Bryan Texas

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members