• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Went this morning. No line, but just about every machine was taken up and there was a pretty steady stream of people pulling in.

You must live in one of those fancy places. We don't have any machines here. We get a felt tipped pen and get to color in the circles. Luckily we don't usually have any lines either.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Wait until y'all get electricity. Then things will really start cookin'! ;)

Something tells me you'd laugh at the cardboard they have standing up on the tables so you can't see the other folks ballot that are at the table when you sit down to color in your circles.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Something tells me you'd laugh at the cardboard they have standing up on the tables so you can't see the other folks ballot that are at the table when you sit down to color in your circles.

I wouldn't give too much thought to those voices in your head. They don't seem too bright either.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    We both voted this morning. No crowds or smelly liberals. Just good Texan folks :)

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    a232077c7ce8cb93ed832b642e1a26e0.jpg

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    It was good to find out that my magnetic strip did not work on the relatively new license when I voted last week.

Must have gotten near a rare earth magnet sometime in the past.
    innocent.gif

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    They must not be as "rare" as they used to be ..................... my DL has the same "problem". Heh, heh! :green:

A bit off topic here, but what's the advantage to the stripe not working? Not like it's RFID, or a LEO can't get the same info by just checking on the computer, calling it in, or if you live where I do, sending in a carrier pigeon.

Is it just to prove a point, or is there something more behind it?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    A bit off topic here, but what's the advantage to the stripe not working? Not like it's RFID, or a LEO can't get the same info by just checking on the computer, calling it in, or if you live where I do, sending in a carrier pigeon.

Is it just to prove a point, or is there something more behind it?
    Correct, an LEO can get the info with or without the strip working. But, businesses, grocery stores, and anyone wanting to slide your DL through can have access to much information (although it's, according to them, only for ID). I personally believe a semi-gifted tech can get anything he or she wants, which is any info the Texas DPS has on file. I just don't feel good about putting out that info. I'm asked for my DL to slide through often when I buy alcohol or cigars as if they couldn't tell I'm over 21! I know it's company policy but gimme' a break, I'm only 46 yrs. older than then "21" thing. I may be over-thinking it but whatever is on there is my business, not theirs!

My theory is, I'll show, but I don't slide!

Top Bottom