• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I'm done with the Ford 3000 for now. All maintenance is caught up and its ready to head back to the piney woods.

It still smokes like a freight train at startup but Its fine for what I plan on doing with it.

f07825829d7280e7b4d28f5d69977d40.jpg

I cranked it up and drove it around the block. It hasn't moved since October, but good to see that its still has some life left in it. I think I get more of a kick out of this Ford than my new tractor. I love the simplicity of these old tractors.

The old bush hog that came with the Ford is the next project.

f8ae76b6b080d3c145aeba13165df24c.jpg

This summer I will have more time do actually take on projects at the property. Between kid activities, working multiple side jobs, I haven't done much at the property. I hope to change that soon.

I need to move my trail cameras around. I shot one hog last fall and haven't seen a hog on camera since. They are non existent it seems like. I anticipated seeing more on camera.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Having pulled stumps with a large mini ex, you had to do some work to get that stump stripped down for a pile of roots that big. I just buried the big stumps I had where they were, that the mini couldn't pull out.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Having pulled stumps with a large mini ex, you had to do some work to get that stump stripped down for a pile of roots that big. I just buried the big stumps I had where they were, that the mini couldn't pull out.
    It took a long time. I almost said f it and covered it back up.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Does anyone know if I can install my own septic? I tried to find the regulations for Newton County and came up empty. I just need a system that can handle one travel trailer. I'm leaving the camper there so I'm not trying to drive somewhere every time I need to dump the tanks.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Does anyone know if I can install my own septic? I tried to find the regulations for Newton County and came up empty. I just need a system that can handle one travel trailer. I'm leaving the camper there so I'm not trying to drive somewhere every time I need to dump the tanks.

Outside of city limits, the requirements are pretty lax. I installed my own septic system. Might contact the county commissioner for your district and ask them what the requirements are.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where

Not sure about Newton, but in Anderson it's minimum 10 acres & 100 ft minimum from a neighboring property line, you don't have to have a permit or inspection.

ETA.... The no permit is only for outside of city limits

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Have you checked with TCEQ?

Last septic system I helped install was 30 years ago. You should have a local entity to pull a permit from, get it inspected, and get the cert for operation. But then again, things may have changed over time.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    For a conventional septic you need sandy soil which is good. If you have clay soil you need an arobic system with a sprinkler and they cost more than a conventional septic.

Dig around the property for some sandy soil & it will be better for you to tackle yourself. There's several videos online that are pretty good. When we had ours done in April of 2020 it was about $5700 to have our conventional septic installed.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    For a conventional septic you need sandy soil which is good. If you have clay soil you need an arobic system with a sprinkler and they cost more than a conventional septic.

Dig around the property for some sandy soil & it will be better for you to tackle yourself. There's several videos online that are pretty good. When we had ours done in April of 2020 it was about $5700 to have our conventional septic installed.
    $5700! Dayem! I spent less than a $1000 for everything including the backhoe rental.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston

Ewww. I definitely have clay soil.

Top Bottom