• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    We’re clearing undergrowth on some of our land now. Place goes full jungle when it rains a bit.

Finally found the silver bullet for mesquite. Sendero, Remedy, and 97% diesel. Kills em daid.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I found a place in La that will deliver 16 tons of railroad ballast for $950. I have no idea if thats a good price or not but its seemed reasonable to me. The road to camp right now consists about 400 yards of ruts. Does anyone know of an aggregate supplier in the Jasper area?
    a317288a2c43911d2e98e517041d80a3.jpg

Took the range finder out and scouted some potential shooting areas to setup a 200 yard range for sighting in rifles.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I remember a soft spot in the dirt road on my dad's E. TX property. It went to several lots he had sold and others that were for sale.

It took 8 dump trucks full of 1 - 2 inch granite to plug that hole. Panic was setting in ! Bottomless pit of quicksand ?

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Aren't you a dose of fresh air. Welcome to my thread.

I presume you take issue with baiting game animals (or domesticated ones).

Do what you want with your animals in your state. It is up to the people who live there to decide what they want to live with.

Calling things by their TRUE name is my only issue. It is what it is, not what you WISH it was just because you call it something it is not. I don't care if you walk out and pop a cow behind the ear with a 22, inside a barn stall, but it ain't hunting.

Buy your self a truck load of 4H projects and put 'em all in your chicken yard if you want. Shoot one every morning out your bedroom window if you want and I don't care. But it ain't hunting.

Why would you "cut a 200 yard shooting lane" to shoot an animal your feed and water and train to come when you ring the dinner bell? Seems silly to me.
    1627335207841.png

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Do what you want with your animals in your state. It is up to the people who live there to decide what they want to live with.

Calling things by their TRUE name is my only issue. It is what it is, not what you WISH it was just because you call it something it is not. I don't care if you walk out and pop a cow behind the ear with a 22, inside a barn stall, but it ain't hunting.

Buy your self a truck load of 4H projects and put 'em all in your chicken yard if you want. Shoot one every morning out your bedroom window if you want and I don't care. But it ain't hunting.

Why would you "cut a 200 yard shooting lane" to shoot an animal your feed and water and train to come when you ring the dinner bell? Seems silly to me.
    But maybe you are just making an assumption he plans on hunting.

As I said, not everyone that puts out corn, or mineral blocks for deer, is hunting them. We don't.

Making assumptions without knowing all the facts, just makes an ass out you.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    We’re clearing undergrowth on some of our land now. Place goes full jungle when it rains a bit.

Finally found the silver bullet for mesquite. Sendero, Remedy, and 97% diesel. Kills em daid.
    I'll be trying this.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    View attachment 268528

You might want to read my original post again.

This is what I wrote.
    "Took the range finder out and scouted some potential shooting areas to setup a 200 yard range for sighting in rifles."

I have no idea how you equate me setting up a range to site in rifles to shooting domesticated animals.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    But maybe you are just making an assumption he plans on hunting.

As I said, not everyone that puts out corn, or mineral blocks for deer, is hunting them. We don't.

Making assumptions without knowing all the facts, just makes an ass out you.

I would call him a First Class Ass. Bumping his gums about how we do things in Texas. And don't have a clue. GFA

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring

This is what I wrote.
    "Took the range finder out and scouted some potential shooting areas to setup a 200 yard range for sighting in rifles."

I have no idea how you equate me setting up a range to site in rifles to shooting domesticated animals.

Maybe he thinks you switched dept's to the ATF?

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I'll be trying this.
    I misspoke. Sorry. It’s .5% Remedy, .5% Reclaim, a couple cups of Dawn, and the rest diesel. I wet the leaves and a week later it’s cooked. I skip the dye because the diesel stays oily so I can see where I sprayed.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf

This is what I wrote.

This would have been a simple, accurate answer about a dozen posts ago and avoided a few people dialing to 11 over MY comment.

Why would you...
    You missed something in the post.
    Oh, cool. Thanks.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This would have been a simple, accurate answer about a dozen posts ago and avoided a few people dialing to 11 over MY comment.
    Uh, the dialing to 11 started with you. Calm down or go somewhere else. I hear Indiana is nice. Seriously, we don't need another holy war (this time over various theoretical hunting ethics) that has to be added to the rules.

As for the post I'm replying to, consider this - Pointing out your myopic and mistaken take on the way someone else phrased a post is NOT an apology and you still owe one to everyone in this thread.

Top Bottom