• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I can remember not too many years ago, such technology was the stuff of science fiction. Much of the technology that has advanced is that of the batteries. The batteries were and are still the biggest limiting factor in any electric vehicles.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    So Ford is creating new brands…Bronco and Mustang will be sub-brands under Ford, each with their own vehicle lineups, much like Stellantis does with Jeep.

Soon there may be separate showrooms for the Bronco lineup, Mustang lineup, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    You all naysayers can scoff and harrumph all you want but it’s coming but even mediocre electric vehicles will stomp most any high performance gas engine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You all naysayers can scoff and harrumph all you want but it’s coming but even mediocre electric vehicles will stomp most any high performance gas engine.

True to some extent, but high performance electric vehicles, just like the high performance gasoline vehicles are going to be expensive and not affordable but for the well heeled buyer. High performance isn't cheap regardless of the source of power supplied to it.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas

Is this what the public wants? A step on the pedal 0-60 in 2 seconds. A maximum range of 300 miles (in warm weather) with a need to book into a motel while it charges. Not what I want. I grew out of that burn rubber start as a kid.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    At the end of the day, it’s still cheaper to make an EV fast versus a gasser.

$130k now buys the quickest production vehicle, the Model S Plaid…that’s 30% more than a loaded pickup truck.

Before EVs, 30% more than a loaded pickup truck didn’t get you anywhere near the fastest prediction vehicle.

6040e29ac22a1770bb026af0f853018f.png

9112381e88254338af7db35f7e8cb4aa.png

Last edited:

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas

It appears you may be thinking like a democrat. It's not about speed It's about Not being forced in this EV direction.
    I'll be keeping my fossil fuel burning Classic.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    It appears you may be thinking like a democrat. It's not about speed It's about Not being forced in this EV direction.
    I'll be keeping my fossil fuel burning Classic.

I can say I’ve never been accused of thinking like a Democrat.

I’m just stating the obvious. Electric vehicles are coming and aren’t going anywhere. I’m not saying they are the best solution and certainly not less detrimental to the environment.

But in the comparison above a Tesla plaid at $130k vs a Bugatti Chiron at $2m reinforces my point. Electric technology is far ahead of gas in terms of performance at a much lower price point.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I can say I’ve never been accused of thinking like a Democrat.

I’m just stating the obvious. Electric vehicles are coming and aren’t going anywhere. I’m not saying they are the best solution and certainly not less detrimental to the environment.

But in the comparison above a Tesla plaid at $130k vs a Bugatti Chiron at $2m reinforces my point. Electric technology is far ahead of gas in terms of performance at a much lower price point.

People that mine the elements to be made into batteries are the new slaves of Africa and wherever they mine that stuff. And who owns the rights to those materials? As long as it takes 3 hours to fast charge it will never fly. I can't drive from Wichita Falls to Dallas and home again in Wichita Falls with an EV. It's not that an electric motor is bad versus a gas motor, it's the fuel source that is the problem. And how long it takes to replenish that fuel.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    There will always be something faster....

To be sure, technology will advance.

I'd much rather twist the throttle of my Road King and hear that big cam V-twin rumble than some high pitched whiny electric motor. Once again, I don't care how fast it is...YMMV.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom