EMP 9mm - someone tease me

Shorts

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Texas
Ok, I'm greasing my wheels getting ready for our move back home. I get to do a lot of shopping once we do. But until then I can only look online and lick my chops at the prospects.

I'm really itching to get ahold of a Springfield EMP 9mm and with any luck, I can find one easily, maybe shoot and take home asap

Anyone have one? Anyone been able to customize it any as far as aftermarket parts? I realize they come with night sights, bt grip safety and ambi, but come on! All I see are the same pictures...they're all two tone wearing the same SA wood grips! Gimme something new!

htxred

Apr 6, 2008
inner loop houston
its hard to find grips that will fit it because your standard officer size grips will not. davidson makes grips for it.

magazines are also hard to come by and usually pretty expensive... Overall its a nice shooter, the build and quality is A+, great gun to ahve, but for the price, i would rather invest in STI.

Shorts

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Texas

Good stuff Midnightrider!! Are you able to reliably run FMJ and JHP through it?

Grips should be the first thing out to get those puppies customized. 1911 grips are simple to make, just take the stock dimensions and apply to a new blank. Though kudos to the Monkey Grips, they are nice!

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Nice setup Phil! Just curious but, is that a rigger's belt from CSMGear? I've been thinking about buying one from them. If so, how do you like it? Seems like a real solid and durable belt.

midnightrider

Mar 6, 2008
Good stuff Midnightrider!! Are you able to reliably run FMJ and JHP through it?

Grips should be the first thing out to get those puppies customized. 1911 grips are simple to make, just take the stock dimensions and apply to a new blank. Though kudos to the Monkey Grips, they are nice!
Mine doesn't seem to like JHP, I was waiting for Wilson's new 9mm mags because I think that the SA's aren't setting right in the receiver. the JHP seem to jam into the ram instead of loading as they should. I've also had this happen with FMJ's, but not often. SA says it's a break-in issue so I'll reserve judgement for now.

midnightrider

Mar 6, 2008
Nice setup Phil! Just curious but, is that a rigger's belt from CSMGear? I've been thinking about buying one from them. If so, how do you like it? Seems like a real solid and durable belt.
Nope, it's a 5.11 tactical operators belt, I've got them in black and tan. They are great for casual wear and are almost indestructable.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members