• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    I am not sure i have seen too many manufacture call guns "entry level"

to me entry level is where you start in a given gun. An entry level 1911 does not mean the same thing as a entry level AR-15, 308 AR or 50 cal.

Entry level to me is where you start in a gun type. To me a benelli nova is an entry level gun, and is a good quality gun.
    Venture Surplus ad

rachilders

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Longview, TX
    A basic style gun, with few frills and/or extras beyond those that are needed for the gun to function. BTW, not all entry level guns are "cheap" or inexpensive. Many can be more expensive that another manufactuere's similar model with all the bells and whistles.

rachilders

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Longview, TX
    Basic functional example of a particular type of gun. Mass produced, lower priced. No custom fitting/work. A Springfield GI 1911 is a good example of an entry level gun. Solid reliable, but no frills. If you really like the platform, then you can pony up a couple grand for a really nice example or custom gun later if that's what you want.
    By Jove, I think you've got it!

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    "Entry Level" is the weapon you use when you are clearing a multi-story building of nefarious miscreant individuals. Don't confuse it with a "Bargain Basement" weapon bought on sale and used to clear the basement of said building with. Jeez... dus I haz to 'splain eveting to yous....

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    "Entry level gun"--the gun you enter with--maybe a Les Baer, maybe a RIA (not a glock though)
    Sort of "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"

Your billfold may be the deciding factor of entry level.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The only thing i dont like about the "you get what you pay for" line is i have bought and/or owned several "cheap" guns that have ran better than other more expensive and "high-end" guns.

Well Said!

I retract my "you get what you pay for" statement in full (with some exceptions, of course).

Once upon a not so distant time ago, that cliche held true, but the hucksters out there have turned Cadillacs, Lincolns, Mercedes Benzes, and BMWs into second-rate machines, while less expensive Hyundais and Lexuses take top honors.

I humbly beg your compassionate pardon, Sir!

As for marketing, I have found this short clip:

GunsAmerica TV/Blog - Springfield Range Officer - Rob Leatham - YouTube

I'll readily admit that I fell for this.

Range report to follow!

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I think entry level means, I haven't spent a bunch of money on this stuff yet. I'll agree is also usually will include something that is readily available and isn't top of the line or with all the bells and whistles.

Top Bottom