• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    All I got was an offer to sign up for the program and nothing that said I was in fact affected.
    Did you or anyone else get something that said they were in fact compromised ?

I believe they are offering the service to everyone, breeched or not.
    i got that a few times, tried again later and said "You have been fucked, bro"

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Understand if you take the free credit monitoring you may be giving up your right to a class action law suit... I think I'm just gonna monitor my cards and wait for the lawyers to do their thing... I may even sue personally and give up class action.. My SSN is worth more than a few hundred (or thousand) dollars to me.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i had a credit freeze this year when my work was compromised and they got all our w-2s. was a major pain the ass when I switched electric providers.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Time to start Fight Club but no one talk about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Understand if you take the free credit monitoring you may be giving up your right to a class action law suit...

I was part of a class action lawsuit a couple of decades ago, or a little more. Had to do with being overcharged airline fairs. At the time of the alleged violations, I was in Kalifornia in the Marines and would fly back to Texas during vacations, holidays, off time, etc.

I was supposedly overcharged thousands of dollars according to the paperwork from the suit. As I recall, the lawyers got tens of millions of dollars in the suit when they won. I got a check for $2 and change.

I got soured on class action suits then. My thinking is, I'd rather loose $2 than let a bunch of crooked lawyers pocket my thousands.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Understand if you take the free credit monitoring you may be giving up your right to a class action law suit... I think I'm just gonna monitor my cards and wait for the lawyers to do their thing... I may even sue personally and give up class action.. My SSN is worth more than a few hundred (or thousand) dollars to me.

From what I've been reading, you can opt out of the arbitration provision in the Equifax terms and conditions and keep the lawsuit options open if you do opt out in writing within 30 days of sign up.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    From what I've been reading, you can opt out of the arbitration provision in the Equifax terms and conditions and keep the lawsuit options open if you do opt out in writing within 30 days of sign up.

looks like the DA of NY said that ain't gonna fly and taking their protection you are no longer opting out of a class action.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom