Gun Zone Deals

Eurika! I have found body armor for big boys!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Come on, guys..........lighten to Hell up!

Until I retired, I was intensely active and had to hump a 30 pound tool bag up and down 3 flights of stairs. The year that I retired, I rode bicycles 3.414 miles (2011). Weight is irrelevant to me. Arthritis is another matter. What is hurting and how bad the pain is determines what I can do on any given day. Today, I'm going to stay home and reload ammo. It's one of those days.

I've always said that I never run from a fight. The truth is.....I couldn't run if I wanted to and an 80 year old hooker could catch me............snicker! May as well stand my ground and fight.

Flash

Certainly makes sense when you put it that way. Sorry for the incorrect assumption.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    are you telling us that AKMike is on the rag?

ALL right.........Someone is using his head for something besides a hat rack!

But this is important..........Ever notice that when two females spend a lot of time together, their "cycles" tend to synchronize? That's a double barrel threat to males!

But you guys did miss this important part.......

"...........but God help me if I ever spoke those words!"

I'll remain silent. I learned my lesson.....snicker.

Flash

Last edited:

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    are you telling us that AKMike is on the rag?

ALL right.........Someone is using his head for something besides a hat rack!

But this is important..........Ever notice that when two females spend a lot of time together, their "cycles" tend to synchronize? That's a double barrel threat to males!

But you guys did miss this important part.......

"...........but God help me if I ever spoke those words!"

I'll remain silent. I learned my lesson.....snicker.

Flash

If anyone else told me I was on the rag I'd say something, but Roger's my hero so......

sent from the bathroom

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    If anyone else told me I was on the rag I'd say something, but Roger's my hero so......

Thanks, Mike. Tree pollen is just about to finish me off so I was just trying to have a little fun.

Flash

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    sent from the bathroom

mad-on-the-internet-cut.jpg

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I received the plates and carrier and it's about what I expected. The plates are very impressive! The level 3 plates will stop a .308 round and have a coating to prevent bullet splatter.

The carrier is short and does not cover the gut. It's for protection of vitals only which is acceptable to me. The sucker is HEAVY! and I had nothing to hang it on so I built a hanger similar to what I found on a site. I'll post the link. It looks like a cross and the upper part is perfect for hanging a helmet. Instead of using a 4x4 for the center post, I cut two 48" 2x4's and screwed the together then topped it with a cap meant for capping deck posts. It came out pretty well!

http://www.itstactical.com/intellicom/diy/how-to-build-a-tactical-gear-stand/

I got the pouch kit but I don't believe that I'll use it. Hanging a pistol and ammo on the carrier will just make it heavier.

The carrier is worth $200 and God willing, I'll never need it. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Carrier size aside, their ballistic plates are amazing! That is some seriously technical metallurgy and the tests they posted on their site is far beyond what I expected. I used to puncture mild steel with 223 FMJ all the time so I know that rifle rounds are a different breed of cat. The level 3 plates are up to that challenge.

Flash

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom