6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Thats great but there are 4 rules...
    1. Stop
    2. Dont touch
    3. Leave the area
    4. Tell an adult

Well then I only taught him the last 3. I think 1 is a given.

As an aside, I've told my son he can go shooting with me anytime he wants. A lot of people would think this is crazy, but it makes perfect sense. When I tell him this it removes every trace of "The forbidden factor" from my guns. Right now his interest in guns is nearly zero, even though I've taken him to the range.

I know lots of parents who don't even own guns because they have kids and fear what would happen if a kid found it. Pretty irresponsible and short-sighted, in my opinion. Backwards-thinking parents make backwards-thinking kids, hence: liberals. :p
    Target Sports

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Well then I only taught him the last 3. I think 1 is a given.

As an aside, I've told my son he can go shooting with me anytime he wants. A lot of people would think this is crazy, but it makes perfect sense. When I tell him this it removes every trace of "The forbidden factor" from my guns. Right now his interest in guns is nearly zero, even though I've taken him to the range.

I know lots of parents who don't even own guns because they have kids and fear what would happen if a kid found it. Pretty irresponsible and short-sighted, in my opinion. Backwards-thinking parents make backwards-thinking kids, hence: liberals. :p
    I agree with your line of thinking on this 100%...I take my son all the time. If he sees a AK or AR in my "Man Cave" it doesnt even raise an eye brow...
    He told me once that seeing guns in our house is like a carpenter's kid seeing nails in his house. I got a kick out of 14 year old logic. But it made sense.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    My kids started shooting at a VERY young age - FuelFather was 7 when he bagged his first deer.

I might suggest those that want to hammer at the program might first want to know what they're talking about. It can be taught by anyone - lesson material is provided by the NRA. It's just that many LEO's do it - and many do it on their off-hours - because they believe in the value of the program.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Eddie Eagle has been around for a long time. I applaud you guys for taking a pro-active stand on it. School Administrators bend with the wind. Their purpose is to take the easiest route regardless of whether it is best for kids or not. The idea is to keep pressure on them to make certain they bend in the direction you want them to bend. Parental pressure does a lot of good if it is unrelenting. They will blow you off and put you off to reduce the pressure. Just make certain that you don't go away. Eddie Eagle is a great program but if parents don't insist in it, the kids will never see it.

Flash

Top Bottom