• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    The difference is the religious nuts are the ones pushing the agenda. If someone comes up and asks you about it then they want to believe.

I understand about not wanting to engage with a stranger about much of anything so there is that downfall to OC although I have only been approached a few times regarding it, So not much of a big deal 99.9% of the sheeple have no clue a gun is on your belt if you OC or CC.
    Sometimes the ones who approach you have an ax to grind in their pretend make believe world where no one around them is carrying at all and “how is this even happening?”

In that case, it’s fun to burst that bubble and red pill them that it’s legal to be packing up in here (for the most part, with a license from the government saying I can lol)
    ARJ Defense ad

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Sometimes the ones who approach you have an ax to grind in their pretend make believe world where no one around them is carrying at all and “how is this even happening?”

In that case, it’s fun to burst that bubble and red pill them that it’s legal to be packing up in here (for the most part, with a license from the government saying I can lol)
    If that ever happens I'll probably smile and say "have a nice day".

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I really dont want to have a conversation about guns with a stranger.

I am just the opposite, if someone wants to talk guns, I am usually game; and if I get a chance to have a rational discussion with someone who has questions about carrying, I am more than happy to answer them.

It is highly unlikely that someone with nefarious intent would engage a person about their firearms, but having a military background I know when someone is just being naturally curious versus those who want just a bit too much information...

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I am just the opposite, if someone wants to talk guns, I am usually game; and if I get a chance to have a rational discussion with someone who has questions about carrying, I am more than happy to answer them.

It is highly unlikely that someone with nefarious intent would engage a person about their firearms, but having a military background I know when someone is just being naturally curious versus those who want just a bit too much information...
    I'm the same way, although I haven't had someone come up asking why while open carrying, I have talked to many about why I carry. As long as someone, even if they are against guns, wants to have a discussion about, I have no problem, and in fact want to try to educate others on the subject. If they were to come up screaming, then I don't believe they are open to discussion and then it's "have a nice day".

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Carry your gun any way you want, just don't make up crap why others shouldn't open carry.
    I didn't say that anyone shouldn't open carry. I said why I dont. I didn't make anything up. Thank you for your input

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    This popped up on my youtube feed the other day and I wanted to know y'all's thoughts on it. I think that open carrying on the 2nd of every month may be an interesting/decent way to show gun support and possibly start a productive conversation with someone who may be on the fence with guns. I'm getting into holster making and I am strongly considering making me an OWB so I can open carrying every 2nd. I still prefer concealed greatly but to me this may be a worth wile reason to open carry every once and a wile. Looks like it may be disbanded or didn't get support I just thought it was an interesting concept.

It might be helpful, since most open carriers I see are either tactical manlets or obese PeopleofWalmart.

Maybe if someone clean and presentable was seen open carrying it might help

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    It might be helpful, since most open carriers I see are either tactical manlets or obese PeopleofWalmart.

Maybe if someone clean and presentable was seen open carrying it might help

After reading all the reply's and some of the encounters that happened it sounds like it may be a good business strategy as an LTC instructor and a way to hand out business cards to the curious. Maybe I can figure out a way to incorporate a business card holder onto my OWB holster.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    The only reason we don't have Constitutional Carry in Texas is Dan Patrick the Lt. Governor. He controls what goes in in the Texas Senate. Some folks who own firearms are scared we will offend the anti gunner's feelings if we open carry.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't mention feelings at all!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Anyone recall the days when the vast majority of stores weren't open on Sunday?

Ever wonder why?

The days of 'blue law' were a giant pain in the tookus.

The 12:00 no beer/wine and liquor stores are still closed on Sunday.

Why is that?

Anyone know?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The 12:00 no beer/wine and liquor stores are still closed on Sunday.

Why is that?

Same reason auto dealers in TX have to be closed at least one day per week. Most choose Sunday, but there are some closed on Saturdays.

And don’t forget we still have Baptist dry counties.

Why? The legislature or its regulatory agencies made the decision for our own good.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    gshayd,

You look ahead, great, so I guess you're OK with odd ball purchasing time availability?

You work around it.

But, why should you have to go along with all the other purchasing time/items constraints? Why can't free enterprise decide when they'll be open?

If I want a new car, why does the dealership 'have to' shut down once a week perhaps on the only day I have time to look for one?

Oh yeah, there's a work around for that too, called the internet. Though I not disposed to buy a vehicle on the internet. It's either in person or not at all.....

Why are liquor stores closed on Sunday, plus are mandated to open at 10:00 A.M. at the earliest? Why can't they be available at the hours they choose?

Beer/wine can't be sold until noon at the earliest on Sunday.

Crap idea foisted by what particular lobby, eh?

Top Bottom