• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Depends...on the rare occasions I carry a J frame Smith, I carry one gunload of spare ammo in a Bianchi Speed strip. If I am carrying my usual carry gun, a Para P-12, just what's in the gun. If 13 rounds of .45 ACP won't stop the threat, I have no business engaging it.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    15+1 in Glock 19. Only carry the mag in the pistol. Want to stay as comfortable and agile if something occurs.

WhiskeyRunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Austin
    How much ammo?

Ask yourself why policemen carry 40-60 rounds on their person with more in the patrol car.
    Starsky and Hutch ain't real!
    When the adrenalin dump hits you in a fire fight, the tunnel vision and loss of fine motor control take anyone but a tactically trained shooter and make him shoot like a blind man. "Spray and pray"!
    If you are not proficient, don't carry it.
    More lawsuits occur for CHL carriers by hitting innocent bystanders than any other legal action.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    For the Glock 26, a standard flat bottom 10 rounder in the gun, and two extra mags with Pierce +2 extensions on them.

For the GLock 30, 3 10 rounders.

For the rest usually 1 hi-cap in the gun and 3 to 5 someplace in easy reach since I only carry the bigger frames in the office or when I'm on the road or working right near my truck.

Malladus

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    There are more benefits to spare magazines, than just the ammo.

I usually carry 1 extra mag. That is most likely to be used in case mag failure.

Exactly. Redundancy is key. 1 magazine = 0 magazines. 2 mags=1 mag, etc.

Same reason I carry 2 pens and 2 flashlights in the car or with my gear.

lunchbox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    i carry a para 14-45 with an extra 14 round mag and 2 10 round mags also a RIA full frame with 8 rounds and 2 more 8 round mags plus a keltec 32 7 rounds and and extra 7 round mag

add it all up chambers and all mags 89 rounds

roy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    i carry a para 14-45 with an extra 14 round mag and 2 10 round mags also a RIA full frame with 8 rounds and 2 more 8 round mags plus a keltec 32 7 rounds and and extra 7 round mag

add it all up chambers and all mags 89 rounds

Now there is a fellow who believes in being prepared.......As do I......
    I have never heard of anyone who has been in a serious social situation
    complain about having too much ammo......
    I have heard that the average gunfight only involves firing a few rounds..... but who guarantees that your particuliar gunfight will be average.....?
    I missed being in South Central LA the day the riot broke out because the friends I was going to visit had recently moved to Orange County from Downey so I was several miles south of this mess instead of driving through the trouble.
    That/those gun/s you carry are to defend against an unusual extreme
    emergency situation......
    If more ammo than you have on you is needed, where are you going to
    find it?
    I carry about the number of .357 SIG rounds that this gentleman carries .45ACP, and about what he carries for backup gun/s.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    MCVSET.jpg

1911CarryRig.jpg

Extra mags are better than ankle weights. They are like my American Express. I never leave home without them.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Was in Houston last week and saw a rent-a-cop at and HEB who obviously was not going to run out of ammo. She had a Glock 19 with a G18 33 round mag in it, and 6 more on her belt.

Then I get up here to Dallas and do an assessment on a shopping plaza with a pawn shop in it. Was talking to the owner and looking around as part of the inspection and he starts showing me his answer to crime. His approach, forget the extra mags and just have extra guns. He had a small S&W revovler on him, an old whinchester model 12 next to the door from the office to the area behind the counter, a glock under the register, two revovlers behind the ends of the counter, and then two more in the back office, another shotgun in storeroom, and loaded magazines for most the pistols in the display case on the shelf behind the case. I'm sure there was more laying around. Got me thinking that I would hate to be there when some tried to hold the place up.

Malladus

lunchbox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Now there is a fellow who believes in being prepared.......As do I......
    I have never heard of anyone who has been in a serious social situation
    complain about having too much ammo......
    I have heard that the average gunfight only involves firing a few rounds..... but who guarantees that your particuliar gunfight will be average.....?
    I missed being in South Central LA the day the riot broke out because the friends I was going to visit had recently moved to Orange County from Downey so I was several miles south of this mess instead of driving through the trouble.
    That/those gun/s you carry are to defend against an unusual extreme
    emergency situation......
    If more ammo than you have on you is needed, where are you going to
    find it?
    I carry about the number of .357 SIG rounds that this gentleman carries .45ACP, and about what he carries for backup gun/s.
    right on man

i also carry a lighter stream light pocket knife cell phone and fixed blade
    im going to ad a multi tool to the carry as well and maybe more when my 511 vest comes in

roy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    right on man

i also carry a lighter stream light pocket knife cell phone and fixed blade
    im going to ad a multi tool to the carry as well and maybe more when my 511 vest comes in

As a matter of fact, I carry these items as well, except not always a lighter. When some of us had a little contest as to who had the most stuff on
    their belt, I tied with a fellow with bat ears and wearing tights and a cape......
    I have never had to actually "use"/fire my gun defensively, use the multi tool just about every day as well as the Swiss Army knife.......

lunchbox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    As a matter of fact, I carry these items as well, except not always a lighter. When some of us had a little contest as to who had the most stuff on
    their belt, I tied with a fellow with bat ears and wearing tights and a cape......
    I have never had to actually "use"/fire my gun defensively, use the multi tool just about every day as well as the Swiss Army knife.......
    i would also carry my baton but thats kinda illegal darn penal code

lunchbox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    well from what i understand the tuck is on or about your person well it was but it was legal in your house and now the truck is an extension of the house so thats a good question for a lawyer witch i am not im a dumb mechanic with no job

as far as i can say is it is kinda illegal :confused:

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    well from what i understand the tuck is on or about your person well it was but it was legal in your house and now the truck is an extension of the house so thats a good question for a lawyer witch i am not im a dumb mechanic with no job

as far as i can say is it is kinda illegal :confused:

Ummm...I think I left something in my truck, be right back :D

lunchbox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Ummm...I think I left something in my truck, be right back :D

i think its a great tool there could be a situation where i dont want to shoot someone but i may need to show someone i mean business and the ouch stick is a great way to let the bums know you dont have any change

Top Bottom