• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    What am I missing? People buying guns (I’m surprised there are any left), other people buying ammo, also a daily occurrence and I’m surprised they found any. Given the current environment I can’t blame them. If they passed the background check.,,
    What am I missing? People buying guns (I’m surprised there are any left), other people buying ammo, also a daily occurrence and I’m surprised they found any. Given the current environment I can’t blame them. If they passed the background check.,,

received_753305665466421.jpeg

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I can’t believe Academy has handguns in stock. The ones near me have been OOS for a long time.
    On Friday, the Academy in Abilene still had Glocks, S&W M&Ps, and Springfield Armory XDs. Of course the other firearms they had plenty of were revolvers, mostly SA. They even had some .45 ACP and M43 (7.62x39) steel-cased.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    At Academy, I don’t think they could process 30 firearm purchases in an 8 hour shift, with all their processes, it takes a good 45 minutes to get 1 purchase done.
    And it is 45 minutes if the purchaser has an LTC. If they have to call the BATF it will take longer.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Doesn't academy insist on calling for everyone, regardless of the law?

It might depend on the store. They have not called in for me the few times I've bought a gun from them and when I was in one in Katy a few weeks ago, they had announced they were only selling guns to folks with LTCs as NICS currently wasn't responding.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm working next to a gas station and there are about 30 white people there getting gas.

Keep your eyes up. Must be something going on.

Edit to add: I'm nowhere near Houston.
    What are they putting the gas in?

Just wondering.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    Cars/ trucks and a few boats.

I was the only one there putting gas in a can for the generator at the job. And for my "peaceful" protest later of course.....

I bet the two sheriff's deputies in Compton, Ca think it's pretty funny too.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom