• ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    What a horrible situation.

An Austin, Texas, police spokesperson told Parentdish the department takes any threat made against schools seriously, especially after recent events.

Police arrested Justin and he has been in jail since March 27, according to Jack. He's charged with making a terroristic threat and faces eight years in prison.
    Teen Justin Carter Jailed In Texas After Making Sarcastic Threat In Facebook Comment

“Someone had said something to the effect of 'Oh you're insane, you're crazy, you're messed up in the head,’ to which he replied 'Oh yeah, I'm real messed up in the head, I'm going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,’ and the next two lines were lol and jk.," said Carter.
    Capitol Armory ad

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Zero tolerance policy fails once again.

Bureaucrats love them because they don't have to think or take any responsibility for their actions; they feel it provides them with immunity from blame. Too bad they don';t see it also makes them look like unthinking, unquestioning dumbasses.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Had they done nothing and he shot up the school, people would be screaming that the it is the school and police fault for ignoring the threat.

I think people just like to bitch about things.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Had they done nothing and he shot up the school, people would be screaming that the it is the school and police fault for ignoring the threat.

He can still shoot up the school when het gets out.

Never understood the logic jailing for threats.

Has Alice Cooper been arrested yet?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

I think people just like to bitch about things.
    So you're ok with a person being in jail for a sarcastic remark?

And I think if the police were concerned they should have visited the home and then been on their way with a word to the person that remarks will be investigated.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Seems to be the new badge of courage for the left. No kid leaves his teens without a criminal record. This way they stay underemployed and dependent on the government where their voting habits can reflect the regime policy.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    So you're ok with a person being in jail for a sarcastic remark?
    Yes, that is exactly what I meant. :p Come on MAte, you know me better than that. I am simply stating a fact, not my opinion on the kids actions or anyone else's.

And I think if the police were concerned they should have visited the home and then been on their way with a word to the person that remarks will be investigated.

Well, I guess that would be wrong. lol

ZeR0BuG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    SE, TX
    This apparently happened on league of legends and not facebook

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    EVERYONE should be angry and afraid when they read this story. The kid was just being a smart-ass; something that all 14 year olds are very good at. Should the school/police question him? Yeah, I don't see the harm in that. But holding him in jail for months at at time??? Hell, they could haul half the guys on this message board to prison if every joke or idle exaggeration were taken as CRIMINAL FACT!!

We've all been so worried about the 2nd Amendment that perhaps many haven't noticed the rest of the Bill of Rights being shredded. And it ain't just the pond scum in Washington; there are plenty of "Good German" liberals out here in Flyover Country, as this story illustrates.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    14 yr old kid makes a "joke" = jail

Boston Marathon bomber goes and meets up with known Islamic extremists = ???

Talk about a oneway ticket to Failville.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Wasn't FB, he was playing an online game. And he was reported by someone who isn't even in this country.

Great example of SWATting, IMO.

I do know someone who was put in jail for months, charged with horrible crimes he didn't commit after posting pictures on Facebook, though. Be careful what you post there and who you allow to see it. Some butthurt progressive will have you jailed in a heartbeat.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    When I was a senior in High School at Tom C. Clark in San Antonio, I was arrested for an altercation I had with another student. I was tried with a terroristic threat charge. A felony. I was on the receiving end of many racist remarks from some black students and had enough. I told one of them and I quote, "If you have a problem with me being white, then meet me after school and I'll help you with your problem." That was enough for me to be arrested that day. In the end the lack of evidence and the fact that I did not make a threat, still landed me a disorderly conduct charge class C misdemeanor.

When I see these remarks everywhere about people are going to kill this person or that person with the internet as evidence I am shocked that there are not more cases like this. I was arrested on here say 'even though yes I said it' and still got a charge. Not what they were gunning for, but a charge none the less.

Putting an 18 year old high school student in Bexar County Jail for 9 days was quite traumatic. On top of that, I was not allowed to graduate with everyone else. I had to get my diploma in alternative school. As for the racist remarks made by the other students. Nothing happen to them. They walked and seemed to be praised actually for standing up to me. I had a excellent background in school. No fights, no drugs, no nothing. These other students had been in and out of fights and juvenile courts for many offenses, yet they were almost rewarded for taking me down.

Last edited:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Yeah, I don't get why they can't just investigate it rather than considering him guilty before even talking to him. A simple interview by a veteran LEO with the kid and his parents probably would have cleared the whole thing up.

What's striking to me is that when you are looking for compliance instead of really evaluating risk you end up focusing resources on all the wrong things. I see it first hand all the time in large businesses.

Top Bottom