• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    When I was a senior in High School at Tom C. Clark in San Antonio, I was arrested for an altercation I had with another student. I was tried with a terroristic threat charge. A felony. I was on the receiving end of many racist remarks from some black students and had enough. I told one of them and I quote, "If you have a problem with me being white, then meet me after school and I'll help you with your problem." That was enough for me to be arrested that day. In the end the lack of evidence and the fact that I did not make a threat, still landed me a disorderly conduct charge class C misdemeanor.

When I see these remarks everywhere about people are going to kill this person or that person with the internet as evidence I am shocked that there are not more cases like this. I was arrested on here say 'even though yes I said it' and still got a charge. Not what they were gunning for, but a charge none the less.

Putting an 18 year old high school student in Bexar County Jail for 9 days was quite traumatic. On top of that, I was not allowed to graduate with everyone else. I had to get my diploma in alternative school. As for the racist remarks made by the other students. Nothing happen to them. They walked and seemed to be praised actually for standing up to me. I had a excellent background in school. No fights, no drugs, no nothing. These other students had been in and out of fights and juvenile courts for many offenses, yet they were almost rewarded for taking me down.
    Thanks for sharing that.
    Guns International

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Thanks for sharing that.

Not a highlight of my life that I am proud of. Although relevant and I feel that words are far less serious than actions, usually it pays to just shut up. Much easier said than done of course. I avoid all arguments if possible. Words fly in the heat of the moment and saying the wrong thing can cause more harm to you than anyone else.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    Are the authorities mentally challenged? I agree that reported comments like these ought to be investigated but I would think that they should determine if there is a real threat and act accordingly but hey, what do I know?

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    When I was that age (granted: there was no "online" back then), I would never have even thought about making a threat against a school. My dad would have beat me with a stick. Not a "switch", a stick. I didn't have any "free speech" rights unless Dad told me I did.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Welcome to the Post 9/11 Post Sandy Hook world.

The terrorist are rejoicing America is eating her own starting with our basic premiss, freedom.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Welcome to the Post 9/11 Post Sandy Hook world.

It started after Columbine, actually. Literally half the kids I was friends with got arrested for some zero-tolerance policy bullshit. Examples of people I knew who were charge with terroristic threats:

* Three friends who brought copies of the Anarchy Cookbook to school on floppy disks.
    * A friend who was talking about Columbine.
    * A friend who had wires in his backpack (the school said he was in possession of bomb-making materials).

Myself, I was arrested for having a knife in my car which was parked on a public street off of school grounds. Unfortunately it was within 300' of the school. The cop who arrested me actually asked me, "Who were you going to kill with this?" He didn't like my reply: "I was just minding my own business going home. You're the one talking about killing kids. Maybe you should see a psychiatrist." The law I was arrested under was later declared unconstitutional by SCOTUS.

I implore everyone who reads this to remember it the next time they are sitting on a jury. If we nullify enough of these cases something will have to be done by the state. Can't make any money off of "Not guilty" verdicts.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    It started after Columbine, actually. Literally half the kids I was friends with got arrested for some zero-tolerance policy bullshit. Examples of people I knew who were charge with terroristic threats:

* Three friends who brought copies of the Anarchy Cookbook to school on floppy disks.
    * A friend who was talking about Columbine.
    * A friend who had wires in his backpack (the school said he was in possession of bomb-making materials).

Myself, I was arrested for having a knife in my car which was parked on a public street off of school grounds. Unfortunately it was within 300' of the school. The cop who arrested me actually asked me, "Who were you going to kill with this?" He didn't like my reply: "I was just minding my own business going home. You're the one talking about killing kids. Maybe you should see a psychiatrist." The law I was arrested under was later declared unconstitutional by SCOTUS.

I implore everyone who reads this to remember it the next time they are sitting on a jury. If we nullify enough of these cases something will have to be done by the state. Can't make any money off of "Not guilty" verdicts.

Oh yeah, forgot about Columbine. It set the stage, especially being one of the first big events with the 24hr media coverage.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Because that would require actual work. Lately a lot of the cops I've interacted with have a "You'll have your day in court" attitude about everything.
    Matefrio's recent ordeal is an example. Just arrest him and let the DA/judge figure it out.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    When I was that age (granted: there was no "online" back then), I would never have even thought about making a threat against a school. My dad would have beat me with a stick. Not a "switch", a stick. I didn't have any "free speech" rights unless Dad told me I did.

I do remember those days.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I posted on Facebook that I had Ant Tracks...........the next day DHS knocked on my door <rimshot>

Heh.

Just the same, a guy I know got his life damn near ruined because he posted pictures of himself with guns on Facebook. There really were federal agents knocking on his door that time.

Todd42

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2013
    For those who don't know the jails in Texas are privatized, meaning they get money from the federal government for everyday someone sits in jail. I can promise you the 100 to 200 a day that they get is way more than they spend to house the inmate. I was in a custody battle in Texas and got jailed for making a terroristic threat. The charge was later dismissed but then I was rearrested for allegedly making another threat on an open line and violating the protective order that was in place on the charge that had just got dismissed. I sat in jail over the Thanksgiving Holidays for allegedly saying I was going to take someone down. The comment was I was going to go down to court and win my son back in a custody battle. No threat just a response to someone saying they would never let me see my son again for no other reason than spite. No investigation of the charge, they happened to be friends with an investigator who helped them trump up the charge. I sat in jail until the charge was again dismissed when I said lets take it to trial by jury. Let me tell you first hand they don't care about innocence or guilt. If they can make something out of what someone says they will even if they know the person pressing the charges have alterior motives. The civil and legal system in Texas are very intertwined. Someone perceived threat is prosecuted even if it is biased and without intent or fact. The fact there is an indictment on this is just ridiculous. The poor kid is getting beaten and more. The kid went in jail probably a nerdy gamer who didn't know proper decorum and for that he will be permanently scarred the rest of his life. The punishment doesn't fit the crime in Texas but as long as someone is making money off this, or some attorney is pushing to make a name for themselves so they can make it in some law firm, or some prosecutor is living out their political aspirations then this kid will continue to pay. Wake up everyone this is how it works. Your kid could be next.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    For those who don't know the jails in Texas are privatized, meaning they get money from the federal government for everyday someone sits in jail. I can promise you the 100 to 200 a day that they get is way more than they spend to house the inmate.
    Howz about you pony up some facts to substantiate your claim, hmm?

Top Bottom