Lynx Defense

Facebook for the FB resistant - why join?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Only reason I even joined Facebook was to keep track of rock climbing get togethers. I absolutely despise communicating via Facebook compared to phone or in person. Granted is not like you even have privacy on your phone these days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Capitol Armory ad

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I just recently started a FB acct. with a fake (not even a real) name.
    I only started it to enter a contest.
    I have filled in ZERO info.
    I have told nobody about it (until now), not even my GF.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    just to keep in touch (and piss off) family members right now.

I wanna shut it down, but then i miss out on nonstop pics of my daughter while i am away.

sarcasm and trolling work well on FB, too. just sayin!

And I dont use my real name and use a disposable, forwarded email address.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Make a new email and use that one. Don't use your main one. I say this so IN CASE the forum gets hacked again, you never know if they have just found your email and can link it to your Facebook. Some might not care, some may. I think you would.
    Facebook is where I get all the pics that I do. I use it mostly for entertainment.

If you do, send me a request so I can pester the fizuck out of you.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    When used appropriately, Facebook can be a great tool. It is after all a communication platform. Their new privacy settings are easier in my opinion.

this.

I go back to dialup BBS's and have done everything since then. I have friends, friends that would do anything I asked of them, that I have met off the Net. Some people prefer private forums, others not so much. I use the tool, could care less what the maker's intent was.

It does crack me up that anyone on this forum (that is indexed by Google almost in real time ; CLICK) would be concerned about FaceBook's privacy.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    It does crack me up that anyone on this forum (that is indexed by Google almost in real time ; CLICK) would be concerned about FaceBook's privacy.
    Mildy intetestng but not concerning since all they did was link to a public thread. Did I miss where they grabbed personal info?

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    I've had a Facebook account for years, since back in high school (about 7 years ago), when it was the "new thing". It sat for roughly a year before my friends all got accounts and I finally started using it. I still talk with my friends every now and again, but it's primarily to communicate with family now -- roughly a quarter of my decidedly small friends list is composed of my relatives, who want to stay in touch with my technologically illiterate dad.

I keep my security settings very private. I made my account back before they used a smart filter to force you to use a real-sounding name, so part of my account name is bogus. I've turned off search settings -- you won't find me, so I'll add you. I've also filled almost zero personal information in, and I never post pictures of myself there.

Honestly, since several of my friends can only keep in touch with me via the internet, it's my first most visited website. It is still quite handy for other stuff, not the least of which is registering for free s*** being given out by these gun forums. :P

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Simple. Family.

Same here. I was very hesitant. But I love seeing what my extended family is up to, and all the family pictures.

They have good security where only your friends can see the pics and information. I even block friends of friends. BUt my most favorite thing to do is deny friend requests. There's a reason I haven't spoken to you since high school. You're a moron.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I have no plans to join FB. I don't feel like I am missing anything important without it.

I am not saying never though, just not in my immediate future.

My wife loves it and keeps me informed of family doings from there though. But she also likes people...........

This pretty much sums up my position. The wife tells me about people I don't even remember (or care to remember for that matter), as well as what is going on with the neighbors or family.

While youre at it, fwonking learn to text!

I did that because the kids won't talk to me unless it's through a text or I happen to be standing in front of them. Since they've moved out, I don't stand in front of them as often as I used to, so texting it is. Luckily swiftkey seems to know what I want to say about half the time.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    Cool story bro but the subject is Facebook, you're looking for the PW thread.
    rex-kwon-do-o.gif

I am talking about Facebook. Bow to your Sensei

Top Bottom