Target Sports

Fads in the firearms industry.What do you scoff at? What have you learned to love?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think it is meant towards Islamic extremists, not the US.

As in telling them "yup, I'm an infidel, come get some bitch!"

Still, it's kinda played out and most who have the sticker or put it on a gun have made no effort to be in a line of work that would put then face to face with those whom the message is meant for.
    ARJ Defense ad

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Ohhh, by all the truck decals and t-shirts at the mall, I figured they were telling the govt to come get some. I can see it staying on military patches, but keep that over there.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Revived- loaded chamber indicators. Ok - decent idea, but I hate it on my ruger. Just an extra piece of steel sticking in the chamber I had to take out. I put the piece of plastic that acts as the indicator back so I wouldn't have a hole in the side of the upper. Did you know that there are companies selling filler plates to replace the loaded chamber indicator? If you take off the steel piece out of it the indicator still fits in the hole. I don't see the point.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Revived- loaded chamber indicators. Ok - decent idea, but I hate it on my ruger. Just an extra piece of steel sticking in the chamber I had to take out. I put the piece of plastic that acts as the indicator back so I wouldn't have a hole in the side of the upper. Did you know that there are companies selling filler plates to replace the loaded chamber indicator? If you take off the steel piece out of it the indicator still fits in the hole. I don't see the point.

I think they are kinda handy with new shooters. Lets me get a better idea of the guns status without having to take it from them.

Especially with failure to fire situations using cheap .22.

I could care less if I have one or not. Never really use them when I'm shooting and always check the chamber visually for carry of checking for clear.

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    The over use of "mindset" in the training community really annoys me. Bad trainers over emphasize mindset as the end all be all because it is an intangible and no matter how poorly someone performs they can always wrap themselves in a denial blanket of mindset. The reality is, ability is much more important. You can think you're going to do _____ if _____ happens, but if you don't have the ability, all that "mindset" isn't going to make you learn how on the fly.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The term "Tactical" has been worked to death and applied to things like towels and pencils. Give it a rest!

"Horrific" makes the vomit swell up in my throat.

Item? That double 1911 with two complete pistols mounted side by side goes down as the most useless piece of poop I have ever seen!

Meteba pistols....Are you kidding me?

Flash

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Tactical_Kilt.jpg

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    It's all about the context.

Kilts are only acceptable if you're also carrying a claymore or a battle axe.

If you're at the grocery store buying tampons or wine coolers they're a no go.

robinb14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2014
    I'll go along with an earlier post that the judge won't last. Might be nice if you are afraid of snakes. I'll stick with my 40S&W

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Snakes must die.....but there are better ways to kill them.

Like napalm, high explosives, large caliber rifles, field artillery, etc.

Top Bottom