Hurley's Gold

Fads in the firearms industry.What do you scoff at? What have you learned to love?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Guess I took this as some implying that it was becoming general use as the new race signifier. I know that there are idiots who will use it as such.
    I also know there are groups who feel no need to be circumspect. My thought from your original post is that you were making this seem more mainstream or common than it is. Something I think might be detrimental in the long run.
    Apologies if wrong.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    One fad that died pretty quickly was Moly coated bullets and barrels. Do not hear anything about them anymore but they were the best thing ever at the time.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Zombie stuff. Everything zombie. The zombie marketing shtick is aggressively stupid and I can't wait to see this fad die a quick (and hopefully painful) death.
    C'mon Ben, you wouldn't want one of these? Zombie-max.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Guess I took this as some implying that it was becoming general use as the new race signifier. I know that there are idiots who will use it as such.
    I also know there are groups who feel no need to be circumspect. My thought from your original post is that you were making this seem more mainstream or common than it is. Something I think might be detrimental in the long run.
    Apologies if wrong.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing after one of the comments, but as the conversation progressed I realized it was simply in agreement with what my first post on the subject stated.

Liberals will latch on and twist, but that will happen with everything.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Ding ding ding. Can you say, carrier tilt, extra weight, and more recoil impulse?

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

I can't believe people still spout this stuff. Carrier tilt? Yeah, if you bought an early piston rifle from years ago or retrofitted with a piston kit. It's been greatly eliminated with better designs (such as carrier skids). Don't seem to see it come up with Adams Arms uppers (not kits), H&K or LWRC. Dump the stupid heavy quad rails and a piston upper suddenly becomes manageable. More recoil impulse? Huh?

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I dislike billet uppers and lowers and anti roll pins. Anyone ever proved that they help?

Good buddy is an FFL7/SOT and converted his AR-15 to shoot full auto. Busted the hammer pin. He also shoots with a postie Lightning Link and hasn't had any problems since he installed the KNS dogbone pins. For semi-auto firearms I agree they're mainly for peace of mind.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Of course, if it wasn't for piston guns we oiled be suffering through life having never been able to experience the uber cool "HK slap" to chamber a round. For that reason alone I am glad the piston guns are around. Way more operator cool points than the wimpy "AR slap".

You guys slay me. HK slap refers to slapping the cocking handle to release the bolt on their roller-locked delayed blowback (G3, MP5) and direct blowback (UMP) rifles and SMGs. So how does that correlate to getting to experience HK slap and piston guns?

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I must be a fad-licious schmoe feeding the haterz with Haterade. Piston AR and HK's all slap ready up in this bitch!

img_000027.jpg

Top Bottom