• ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Oh yeah, cop would have probably had a heart attack if he saw how much ammo I carry for my .357.

Probably would have accused me of being a terrorist or something.
    Guns International

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Cop probably shit his pants knowing there was a Ruger .357 in his vicinity.
    Yeah, new models in new, high tech calibers are always intimidating.

Oh yeah, cop would have probably had a heart attack if he saw how much ammo I carry for my .357.

Probably would have accused me of being a terrorist or something.
    Sounds like you're trying to scare yourself now.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Yeah, new models in new, high tech calibers are always intimidating.

Sounds like you're trying to scare yourself now.

Okay, I see.

Let's not let that ignorant, anti-2nd amendment piece of garbage, statist pile of crap, Stasi loving, Obama worshiping, no good commie and arrogant control freak scumbag off the hook just yet.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Nice choice. Cop probably shit his pants knowing there was a Ruger .357 in his vicinity.

I think you did your job by alerting the folks on this forum. At least people here can spread the word about Terrell Hills PD being full of commie, anti-gun dirtbags.

But you really should go out of your way, now that you have your LCR back, to shame the hell out of the offending officer and the department. Most lawyers are really not that expensive, unless it is a DWI, divorce, or something where a lot of time and money is at stake. At least talk to some, see what they say. Why don't you post the officer's name, right here, for the world to see.

The people who drive through that hellhole deserve this much.
    Shut up

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    you know I though this thread would die a nice peaceful death
    I go away for a few days and click on it again and come back to find you kids fighting again.

what am I going to do with some of you?:roflfunny:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Wow, thanks TI !

Actually I was scheduled (even had pre-approved travel and reservations) to be nearby this week but the travel budget is blown for the year and it was deferred until September. Thing is, it's looking about 98% positive I'll get a promotion 8/1. If that happens, I may well have work in the area but at this point I don't know when it would be.

hink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Amarillo
    I was pulled over yesterday outside Carrizo for a tint violation. I immediately rolled my windows down on both sides and kept my hands on the wheel. My gun was underneath my center console. I answered all his questions, gave him my license and insurance, complied and rolled up my glass enough to be tested and kept my hands on the wheel with my motor off. I never told the officer I had a gun and I don't have a CHL yet. I got off with a tint warning.

You need one of these...https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/internetforms/Forms/VI-4.pdf

I was probably one of the first in my area to get one, judging on the local inspection house's reaction.

Nothing wrong with exercising your rights, even all the legal abilities permitted by law.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    What is an inspection house?

Did you or your physician lie on the form? If not, how would Salty get the exemption?

And how would of those keep him from getting stopped? He got a warning.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas

Did you or your physician lie on the form? If not, how would Salty get the exemption?

If you drive a lot for work, are fair skinned, have a family history of skin cancer.

Why would you assume someone was lying? I know several people with that exemption.

I have actually never heard of someone actually being stopped for a "tint violation." Maybe expired inspection because no "inspection house" will pass the vehicle.

If your inspection is up to date, then there should be no reason for a cop to pull you over for your tint being too dark.

Another BS example of the supposed safety of LE overriding ordinary citizens' freedoms. It's a stupid law because it is presuming all motorists as guilty of something before actually committing a crime.

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    If you drive a lot for work, are fair skinned, have a family history of skin cancer.

Why would you assume someone was lying? I know several people with that exemption.

I have actually never heard of someone actually being stopped for a "tint violation." Maybe expired inspection because no "inspection house" will pass the vehicle.

If your inspection is up to date, then there should be no reason for a cop to pull you over for your tint being too dark.

Another BS example of the supposed safety of LE overriding ordinary citizens' freedoms. It's a stupid law because it is presuming all motorists as guilty of something before actually committing a crime.
    Inspections come but once a year. That leaves 364 days for you to be ridin' dirty. You could even have illegal tint removed, get an inspection, and the dark stuff reapplied in the same day, if you were so moved.

I'd bet when you NEED a cop, all your smack talk will vanish in a heartbeat.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Inspections come but once a year. That leaves 364 days for you to be ridin' dirty. You could even have illegal tint removed, get an inspection, and the dark stuff reapplied in the same day, if you were so moved.

I'd bet when you NEED a cop, all your smack talk will vanish in a heartbeat.

And where goes the benefit of the doubt? Is it their mission in life to hassle people over the darkness of their tint? Doesn't cause hazardous conditions on the road.

Are you the new Post Commander? You sure seem to be working up to it, but I'm afraid you have a long way to go to take that title from YG.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

You didnt answer any of my questions, and your presumptions are wromg.

"Inspection house"...... ta loco.....

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    And where goes the benefit of the doubt? Is it their mission in life to hassle people over the darkness of their tint? Doesn't cause hazardous conditions on the road.

Are you the new Post Commander? You sure seem to be working up to it, but I'm afraid you have a long way to go to take that title from YG.

Now you are just spouting hyperbole. "Mission in life"? Really? And too dark tint IS safety hazard.

Troll

hink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Amarillo

Inspection house - the local non-government personnel staffed, government sponsored and required vehicle inspection facility where safety and proper operation of the vehicle are checked as if I am a complete idiot.

I reject the premise of your question. I simply provide Salty the information that tint darker than 25% on the front windows is perfectly legal with (a) physician's note that dark tint is medically required, and (b) completion and submittal of the referenced form.

I'll agree that it may not have kept him from being stopped, but the conversation would have been a lot shorter and there would not be warning or record of a warning.

I've got the exemption due to a prescribed medication that results in a high sensitivity to sunlight. A doctor's prescription and completed form later, and I've got dark tint. It's not the LEO's job to determine the validity of a medical necessity. However, contrast does make a difference. Dark tint on a dark vehicle does nkt look as dark as the same tint on a lighter color vehicle. Keep that in mind as well.

Top Bottom