• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    The Texas Rangers have always known how to deal with lawless Mexicans, they can carry automatic weapons, no doubt have them. Put about three fast bass boats on Falcon with 2 rangers on board each...Soon, the Bandidos would join Santa Anna, wherever he might be !
    Hurley's Gold

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The Texas Rangers have always known how to deal with lawless Mexicans, they can carry automatic weapons, no doubt have them. Put about three fast bass boats on Falcon with 2 rangers on board each...Soon, the Bandidos would join Santa Anna, wherever he might be !
    Many LEO's carry full-auto weapons, but the Rangers I know do not. Typically only DPS SWAT guys will have quick access to full auto weapons. Semi-Auto rifles would do the job just fine, if PC politicians would let those in the field do their job.

benogil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Have you heard the latest ? Texas will get ONE UAV for border patrol, and that will be in the Fall.
    Recently, Henry Cuellar, Democratic congressman from the Valley, had it's patrol area increased from the border to include patrolling up to Galveston. Might as well have nothing at all. Diluting the already preposterous patrol area is, well, a questionable decision. Makes you wonder who the congressman works for.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Duck hunting. Put out a decoy with maniquins and sight em in. What happens on the water stays in the water. Nip it in the bud.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring

No they cant, just had a Ranger in one of the classes I was teaching back in March and he was using the standard DPS Bushy Carbine....

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    No they cant, just had a Ranger in one of the classes I was teaching back in March and he was using the standard DPS Bushy Carbine....

Just because HE didn't have one with him doesn't mean they CAN'T have one. ANY Texas Peace Officer can carry a fully automatic weapon if their agency authorizes it and many agencies both large and small DO carry them. DPS just typically saves them for their SWAT guys. My agency has a couple full auto M-16s and the neighboring agency has about 10 fully automatic M-16s

timawa08

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2010
    BRYAN
    I think the best way is not to bring gun with you on fishing in that part of the country. First, you can't pull your short barrel against long. Second, if your not gonna use it and they find out you have one, they might take it from you. Third, worst comes to worst if they find out you have a gun, they might use it against you. Be safe.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    ummm.....NOT! I do NOT make a good "victim". IF I was on that lake, I WOULD BE ARMED - and I WOULD NOT BE BOARDED - period. Havin' said that - I'd NOT be on the lake willingly until they get a handle on this.

fnmedallion

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    haslet texas
    We were never robbed but while canoeing on the Devils River we were under fire. We saw a couple of young men on the bluffs and they shot several rounds near us. We only had a couple of pistols with us so we ducked low and paddled fast. Fought on two continents and I had to run away on mine.
    some of the finest moments of my life were spent on the devil's river at bakers crossing if you ever get the chance go early summer and flyrod smallmouth [wellarmed]

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    wild stuff.

any fresh news on this?

oh and let me know if ya'll put together a posse
    ;)

benogil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Update - Texas Game Warden's point of view -

FALCON LAKE - A picture perfect day on Falcon Lake can turn into crime and chaos in seconds.

Drug cartels are battling each other and smuggling drugs across some of South Texas' precious reservoirs. Some lawmakers are worried there aren’t enough game wardens to protect those waters. State representatives Ryan Guillen and Aaron Pena went to Falcon Lake this week to find out how safe the lake is.

"You just don't know who you're going to find out here," said Game Warden Guillermo Gonzalez. He said the cartels are using the water to do their dirty work.

"They incorporate the use of fishing boats and become pirates out here on the waterways and hold up any boat that comes from the U.S. side," he said.

Gonzalez has worn the uniform for 26 years. He said the job has gotten a lot more dangerous in the last few years. He said the criminals don't think twice about hurting wardens in order to get away from them.

Gonzalez said 46 wardens patrol more than 1,200 miles of border on the water. That's one warden for every 30 miles.

"The game wardens are like the Texas Navy. They're the only law enforcement on the lake keeping us safe," said Guillen. The state representative is worried wardens could become a casualty of the state's $19 billion budget shortfall.

"We've given 30 or so extra boots on the ground. Certainly that could be cut back to where it was at previous levels," said Guillen.

Guillen and Pena say they believe the state has a responsibility to keep people on Falcon Lake safe. They say cutting game wardens could jeopardize the safety of Texans and the many tourists who come to the lake. It's a hot spot for international fishing tournaments.

"Freedom and everything we believe in is on this side. Chaos seems to be the direction on that side of the border," said Pena, pointing to the marker in the water between the U.S. and Mexico.

The only security wardens have is their boats, guns, and each other. Gonzalez said wardens are highly trained to do their jobs, but there's always the possibility they may not make it home at the end of the day. He said fewer wardens on the water are no match for the connected and armed cartels.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Back in the days when ducks were hunted commercially, boats were sometimes outfitted with a 4 gauge shotgun (called a punt gun). They would row out to a sleeping flock and fire the gun at neck level, killing birds for quite a ways.

Seems to me that such a thing could be adapted as an anti-pirate device, replacing the bird shot with 00 buck.

Of course, it would probably be considered an international incident, and Obama would apologize, etc.

Top Bottom