Not open for further replies.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    What language Bdee? lol And that's Political Correctness KILLING this Country...
    For my dissertation, I have to be able to read handwritten 10th century Arabic, I can read and write Spanish, and I do okay in Latin. My dissertation is on 8th century Muslim Spain, so most of my source material is only in handwritten Arabic, but it isn't as easy as reading modern Arabic. largely because there is no punctuation, and for those of you familiar with Arabic the usage of dots were not standardized by that point. At the time Arabic was still forming, the first instances of it as a written language were set down less than 200 years before. (don't get me started on Koranic translations)

But quite a bit of the material has been translated by Spanish historians, and just a small percentage has been translated already into English. Latin is really only useful after the 13th century and for looking at the Visigoth pre 711.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    For my dissertation, I have to be able to read handwritten 10th century Arabic, I can read and write Spanish, and I do okay in Latin. My dissertation is on 8th century Muslim Spain, so most of my source material is only in handwritten Arabic, but it isn't as easy as reading modern Arabic. largely because there is no punctuation, and for those of you familiar with Arabic the usage of dots were not standardized by that point. At the time Arabic was still forming, the first instances of it as a written language were set down less than 200 years before. (don't get me started on Koranic translations)

But quite a bit of the material has been translated by Spanish historians, and just a small percentage has been translated already into English. Latin is really only useful after the 13th century and for looking at the Visigoth pre 711.

All that is good to know!

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    On the contrary, Conservatives exit school trying to figure out how to make more money and better their lives, Libs try to do just the opposite and figure out how to take ones money and give it to worthless @$%^#:(
    If it is money you're interested in I would advise a young person to become a licensed plumber or electrician. Four years experience would put them quite a bit ahead, financially, of a recent college grad.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    All that is good to know!
    But yeah, when I am at work, I am generally the most conservative person in the room. Most are somewhat to the left of Sanders poltcally.

Me saying I support gun rights and I am pro-life is a deal breaker, I have to agree with them on every issue. Not so different from this forum. But, yeah, me saying those things gets me looks as if I said that I prefer eating small children slow roasted and basted in bbq sauce...

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    But yeah, when I am at work, I am generally the most conservative person in the room. Most are somewhat to the left of Sanders poltcally.

Me saying I support gun rights and I am pro-life is a deal breaker, I have to agree with them on every issue. Not so different from this forum. But, yeah, me saying those things gets me looks as if I said that I prefer eating small children slow roasted and basted in bbq sauce...

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress

To be to the left if Sanders makes you a full blown communist

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    On the old Georgia gun forum that bdee and I used to visit, georgiapacking.org, he calls himself: Polemicist

It's the truth. I put him on ignore and enjoy both forums a lot more because of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom