Favorite Pork Rib Recipe?

SQLGeek

Wheel Gun Nut
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
Thanks. Something I will keep in mind for the future. My wife picked up a big rack of pork back ribs for tomorrow. We will see how this goes. :D

GoPappy

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Last batch of pork ribs I cooked, I didn’t have any rub. So I rubbed them with honey and then with dry ranch dressing mix. About 5 hrs on the BGE with indirect heat at about 275 degrees. Turned out good. Very tasty.

Attachments

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
To All,

When i do PORK ribs (like most native NETX folks, I cook mostly pork & chickens), I buy "country style ribs" (which are not ribs at all), cut about 1.5" thick & cook them "low & slow" with GREEN HICKORY (We folks "from way up there" do NOT have, so we don't use mesquite to BBQ with.) until "falling off the bones" tender.
(To me, mesquite-cooked food tastes "odd".)

NO rub, NO sauce while cooking.- Just tender/big chunks of BBQ pork to ENJOY, with a peppery, tomato-based sauce on the side.

NOTE: MY favorite PORK BBQ is a WHOLE (about 60-75 dressed) young/feral sow cooked whole & all night "low & slow".

To EVERYBODY: What I would really like to find out is how to cook the BIG/meaty "DINOSAUR" beef ribs at home, like we used to get at a BBQ place in Longview.
IF you make GREAT/tender "DINOSAUR" beef ribs, PLEASE tell me your technique.
(I've never succeeded in cooking beef ribs that were as great as that Longview BBQ joint made.)

Note: My "big pit" was made for me by my late Uncle Jimmy from a 500 gallon propane tank, with a 3.5FT piece of 18"diameter, HEAVY-wall pipe for a firebox & mounted on an old/junked boat-trailer chassis.
(It also has a full-length "steak tray", that slides out like a drawer for grilling steaks/chops/burgers, etc.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

lbbf

Nov 30, 2017
Lake Jackson
Be sure to let us know how they turn out and which rub was the best. I've never had luck stacking my ribs that way. Not sure why. The ends seem to burn for some reason. Yours look great.

Geezer

Available For Parties
TGT Supporter
Jul 23, 2019
Silsbee, Texas
Be sure to let us know how they turn out and which rub was the best. I've never had luck stacking my ribs that way. Not sure why. The ends seem to burn for some reason. Yours look great.
I've had both the Rudy's and the Weber. They are both good, the Rudy's is a little spicier. This is the first time using the Earl Campbell's. I'm anxious to see how it is.

I rotated the racks halfway through. They're coming along nicely.

Ribs3.jpg

Attachments

SQLGeek

Wheel Gun Nut
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
They've been going for about 3.5 hours now. Coming along nicely. Had the temp probes on bone I think so had to move them and double checked temp. Sitting around 165 now +- a few degrees. Shooting for them to be done around 6:30.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members