• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Don't sweat TRN, he's about a hundred years older than you are and can't remember back to the 1920s when he was young'un!

WAY out of line! Just because the guy's been around since Moby Dick was a guppy, and rocks were still soft doesn't give us the right to poke fun at the man. Now, you drive right over to the cro-magnon exhibit at the museum and apologize to him! ...and don't forget to speak into his ear-horn.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    WAY out of line! Just because the guy's been around since Moby Dick was a guppy, and rocks were still soft doesn't give us the right to poke fun at the man. Now, you drive right over to the cro-magnon exhibit at the museum and apologize to him! ...and don't forget to speak into his ear-horn.

th_kneel.gif

yosimitesam92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    houston,Texas
    Im a college student that lives off campus and I work as a part time bartender and I do some of my friends haircuts on the side. I only visit my parents on the holidays. and Im glad were on respectful turned T.R. If I may call you such. theyre fine with the deal they just dont have anyway to get one to me if they bought it for me. my dad gave me a .38 taurus revolver but it doesnt have much meat to it if you know what I mean and its only five shots.

Ive been researching handgun since I was twelve. my dad took me shooting when I was 9 and the first gun he hands me was is 45 glock and I almost never wanted to shoot again. but then he gave me the revolver and it was like night and day as far as handling he gave it to me christmas when I was 18.

I live by myself though and I was looking into getting into shooting sports, and something to keep around the house. now that im older and can handle guns a little better i dont like polymer guns because of the weight shift that happens as youre releasing bullets and the heavier 1911 or similar style has been much better handling.

thats my little bit, I wasnt trying to tell my Life story guys Im sorry once again if you have any other questions ask here or I can PM you back

No - they ain't required, an' as the GayFlyboy noted, they ain't much liked by most, either. But, tell you what - you stick around, get to know folks (an' let them get to know you), an' I'd be willin' to bet that sooner or later someone'll come along that'll know the laws AND you (by watching you here), an' will be happy to sell to ya.

Gotta tell you - your response to my previous comments proved a LOT in my mind, at least - that you're mature enough to discern comments that are meant to be constructive, and rather than responding with some punk 'tude, you actually replied to it in a manner that was both in line with the original comments AND thoughtful - which I appreciated. Hell - *if* I had a .45 I'd be willing to let go of, I'd have no problem sellin' it to ya!

But wait...there IS one other caveat *I* would (personally) have....do you still live w/your folks, or are you on your own? If you were living with your folks, I'd want their "okay" - because while you're legally an adult, you have to respect their property. And if you are, that's another possible avenue - ask them to buy it FOR you (give 'em the $$$) if there's no other way via a private seller that actually knows the law.

And tell ya what...stick around for a month, lemme see the cut of yer jib - if you continue as you are, I might just have a RIA .45 you could talk me into sellin' to ya.....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Bueno - and again, I *really* appreciate that you accepted my comments in the context in which they were intended!

Sites like this are where you'll benefit - by becoming involved, others will get to "know" you, and if someone has something listed in the classifieds, they can look at your profile, track back some of your previous posts, and get more familiar with just who/what kind of person you are. That'll make 'em a LOT more comfortable in dealing with you. I did a deal with a UT student a coupla years ago essentially the same way - he posted here a while, my comfort level was there, and knowing the age requirements I wasn't worried about the legalities, and I knew that he was mature enough to handle it.

So stick around.....ask questions, get more familiar - and the right deal will come along!

<unless I see it first!>
    th_sissy.gif

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    I don't know why, but every time I read anything TRN writes, it's always read with Lee Ermy's voice in my head....go back and read his posts with that in mind, you'll either see what I mean, or I need to stay on my medication schedule.

twogunns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Haha i always read them in Carls voice from sling blade (which was a great movie).This is a great site that is very informative and i am glad i found it.I like how easy going everyone is and that no B.S. is tolerated.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    where was it and how much did it go for? and TRN i think you mentioned you had a Rock Island 1911. how well does it perform, I havent heard much about them.

Place called "Storied Firearms" up in Austin. Real nice feller - as it turns out, we've got friends in common. Don't ask how much it was - the kids read this forum, an' it wuz their inheritance $$$.....

The RIA - IMO, a really nice .45 for the money. New they're like $5-600, used you can get 'em for $450 or so. Folks decry 'em because they're made in the Phillipines - but I had a lot of Phillipino buddies serving in the US Navy, and they were fine folks - many of who had family that died fighting alongside US Military members in WWII.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Plenty of people will sell you a handgun. Asking if they will sell to someone under 21 probably makes some people feel uncomfortable, though. My advice is to come with cash in hand and keep your mouth shut.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Place called "Storied Firearms" up in Austin. Real nice feller - as it turns out, we've got friends in common. Don't ask how much it was - the kids read this forum, an' it wuz their inheritance $$$.....

The RIA - IMO, a really nice .45 for the money. New they're like $5-600, used you can get 'em for $450 or so. Folks decry 'em because they're made in the Phillipines - but I had a lot of Phillipino buddies serving in the US Navy, and they were fine folks - many of who had family that died fighting alongside US Military members in WWII.

i priced a ria tactical 2011 for $450 new from an ffl....unless youre talking out the door, fees, tax. i think youre a bit high. i dunno why some people some to not like ria. they go bang pretty darn reliably and if they dont, arnel in nevadas armscor warranty facility will make it go bang everytime.

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Is a bill of sale even legally needed? I've always just viewed it as a reciept of who you got it from.

Bill of sale is just prudence for both party's- You get stopped by the cops and as is so routine now they ask if there are any guns in the car.
    Your being silly and say Yes- they go run the serial numbers and oops its stolen- better have a bill of sale
    Same thing goes for the buyer using it unlawfully and (being silly) leaving it at the crime scene. THen you the buyer gets a late night visit, your dog gets killed etc etc the usual and the cops ask YOU where you were whenever and what about the pistola -Nice to have that Bill of sale.

Top Bottom