• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Bill of sale is just prudence for both party's- You get stopped by the cops and as is so routine now they ask if there are any guns in the car.
    Your being silly and say Yes- they go run the serial numbers and oops its stolen- better have a bill of sale
    Same thing goes for the buyer using it unlawfully and (being silly) leaving it at the crime scene. THen you the buyer gets a late night visit, your dog gets killed etc etc the usual and the cops ask YOU where you were whenever and what about the pistola -Nice to have that Bill of sale.

The BOS will do NOTHING in either of the above instances, since it's not notarized it's therefore not a legal document - period. Unfortunately, there's lots of folks around that THINK they know what they're doing....that don't. So they make folks jump through unnecessary (and useless) hoops. When someone tells you they want a BOS or to copy your DL/CHL, tell them to pound sand and make a note to yourself for future reference that at best, they're fools.
    ARJ Defense ad

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I bought my first handgun when I was 20. I got lucky. He didn't know I wasn't 21 until I was at his house to buy it, and quickly shrugged it off.

Also on the Bill of Sale, I typically do use one(just for my own records, really), and when asked I will go ahead and do it. When I sold my Glock 17, I however didn't use one. No reason to, gentleman was a vendor at the local gun show + he was local EMS/Fire so I assumed he was good to go.

Just read what TRN posted, and yeah, I find that a BOS is really just a hassle, but to that I say, "Meh."

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Same thing goes for the buyer using it unlawfully and (being silly) leaving it at the crime scene. THen you the buyer gets a late night visit, your dog gets killed etc etc the usual

There you have it folks. Use a Bill of Sale or the cops will come and kill your dog! LOL

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Shucks, it don't bother me none...after all, *I* know where a NIB, Colt 1911 "1 of 300" *was* available earlier today....

im coming over. i want to fondle it.

(lets see how long it takes lalonguecarabine to transcribe THAT one to the OOCQT)

yosimitesam92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    houston,Texas
    Hey everybody good news! thanks to some quick acting of a member here notifying me and seller contact im picking up a 1911 Saturday! just wanted to tell you guys thank you.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    haha red I wasnt expecting that quick

I was. This is a pretty widely-read forum. We look and judge based on what we see. Lots of others besides myself saw a young man get challenged pretty harshly, an' rather than gettin' all butt-hurt, he gave a considered response to points sincerely raised. That spoke volumes to your level of maturity, which therefore "raised your stock" with a lot of folks here, I'm betting.

To be honest, I was prepared to offer you one of mine if something hadn't come up before my next trip to Houston - but it did, so now you've got yourself a good start that you deserve. Just remember that down the road, when YOU are one of US "old coots", and a well-mannered youngster is lookin' for HIS first gun!

Congrats, my friend - hope to have the privelege of meeting you one day!

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I was. This is a pretty widely-read forum. We look and judge based on what we see. Lots of others besides myself saw a young man get challenged pretty harshly, an' rather than gettin' all butt-hurt, he gave a considered response to points sincerely raised. That spoke volumes to your level of maturity, which therefore "raised your stock" with a lot of folks here, I'm betting.

To be honest, I was prepared to offer you one of mine if something hadn't come up before my next trip to Houston - but it did, so now you've got yourself a good start that you deserve. Just remember that down the road, when YOU are one of US "old coots", and a well-mannered youngster is lookin' for HIS first gun!

Congrats, my friend - hope to have the privelege of meeting you one day!

when he said hed found a 1911, honestly you were the first person that came to mind.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom