• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Based on product codes for WWB and Federal, Walmart sells same products as the sporting goods stores. So, I suspect it the idea of Walmart ammo being a lower quality is not true. If anyone has evidence to the contrary, I would like to hear about it. Also, in Denton area, Walmart is no longer the cheap place to buy ammo. Cabbalas and CTD are better, at least during sales.
    Lynx Defense

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    maybe i got a bad batch, i was shooting .380 and 9mm and i'm not sure if they load it with the same powder. Its apparently not a common problem with federal but i think i will stick with what has been working for me.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    Used mostly Federal for years in 9, .40, .45, and 380. No problems here. Doesn't seem to be any dirtier than Winchester IMO.

TX0303

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    CenTex
    maybe i got a bad batch, i was shooting .380 and 9mm and i'm not sure if they load it with the same powder. Its apparently not a common problem with federal but i think i will stick with what has been working for me.

Glad this thread was of assistance to you and to see everyone's point - stick with what works for you and your gun. Some guns will sling more soot, some will burn cleaner cause of higher chamber pressure. Find what works for you and what you are willing to tolerate. Heck some people love Tula.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Yes, Tula, Brown Bear actually work better than Federal in my Glocks. I have had excellent results with s&b and mfs 2000 brass, both recently sold for under $10 at Cabelas. Ruag Precision Ammunication is good, but is plated steel case, Bergen primer. CTD McKinney $8.38. WWB is the standard that I use to compare the others against.

Top Bottom