• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mustang_eas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    Killeen, TX
    Decided to give Primary Arms a try, right out of the box everything looked excellent, will take it to the range this weekend try it out.

20150210_185636_resized_zps44f81e90.jpg

20150210_190734_resized_zpsbba4672c.jpg

Anyone else have any experience with these???

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I don't have experience with that exact setup, but Primary Arms in general is pretty awesome. I contacted Marsh a few months ago and asked if PA planned on releasing their own version of the Trijicon ACOG. Marsh told me they had one that had just been announced, and I believe this is it.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I really like it. Is there an option without the red dot? Will the little red dot fit on a rail? I'm thinking I could buy that set up, use the scope for my 10/22 and the little red dot for my 22/45. How much was it?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They have a 4X on their site, but most are out of stock. Including the one with 300BO reticle.

Not a big fan of the reticle layout though. Looks kinda thick for any distance work.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Dang. I was thinking like $99 plus tax
    While I'm as much of a budget optic guy as anyone else, Primary Arms has really been stepping up their game lately giving us better optics for still way less than Trijicon and Aimpoint. These new optics may cost more than the micro dots we already know and love, but they also give you more for your money and are still $1,000 than their competition.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    How dependable (i.e. sturdy) are PA optics? I bought a Vortex Sparc a few years ago and, although it's a nice RDS, it doesn't look like it would hold up to much abuse at all...

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    While I'm as much of a budget optic guy as anyone else, Primary Arms has really been stepping up their game lately giving us better optics for still way less than Trijicon and Aimpoint. These new optics may cost more than the micro dots we already know and love, but they also give you more for your money and are still $1,000 than their competition.
    I don't doubt they make a decent a scope. It's just hard for me to pay that much for something that's kind of counterfeit. I know this one isn't but all they're other stuff are copies of other brands. I've heard a bunch of good reviews. Can't say I've ever heard any bad reviews of their stuff. I really want that scope, but at that price I'm looking at other similar prices optics.

mustang_eas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    Killeen, TX
    The scope and the red dot were separate,,,,,, I really like the leupold HAMR setup but that puppy of course cost more than double the rifle...... granted theres definitely cheaper setups than what I got but figured this was kinda middle ground....... this weekend I'll get it zeroed then throw 5-600 rounds through the rifle, as to the quality im sure time will tell

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've been wanting an ACOG pretty bad for a while, but the more and more I read about these new scopes with thier new reticle layouts, the more they're growing on me. I may pick up the 2.5x or 4x instead of the ACOG.

mustang_eas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    Killeen, TX
    Took the setup to the range on sunday had some good and bad,,,,,, the optic clarity is very nice, the reticle and the bullet drop marks are easy to see, and the scope adjustments were easy. Took me about 5 shots to zero it in the after about 90 rounds it seemed like my zero was jumping around and then realized that the 2 screw that attach the optic to the railmount had backed out and like a dumb a$$ I didn't bring the provided allen head wrench to tighten it back down :facepalm: and in retrospect I never checked them before mounting the optic so I'm not sure how tight they were out of the box, that kinda ended the day unfortunately. After returning home I checked the rail mount itself and it was good and solid, put a dab of blue locktite on the mounting screws to the scope itself and tightened them down but will have to wait til the next range trip to see if it holds up.

So far my feel from the scope is pretty good, the short comings I had sunday were all issues on my part :banghead: , should have checked everything before I left and should have brought the allen wrench to tighten if needed. Will know for sure this coming weekend when I head back to the range....

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I was reading on another forum frequented by Primary Arms about this exact issue. Apparently they don't locktite the mount screws because they're anticipating people putting the optic on a different ACOG mount when they first get it. So this is a common unexpected issue. Locktite em and you should be good to go.

Top Bottom