• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Best beginners handgun ever, but you already know that.

thumbnail.aspx
    Hurley's Gold

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Comes with the territory. My daughter wanted me to do a brake job on the car I gave her while she ran around playing in my truck. NOT! Guess who learned a little 'bout wrenches n brakes?

My 15 year old daughter has been asking me to take he to shoot the AR again.

Last weekend I did some fence and gate repair, showing her how and having her do some, and yesterday I showed her how to clean and polish her boots the old fashioned way. (these are her western riding boots) She put her arm around me and said she is glad I am teaching her to do all kinds of stuff. Love those moments.

:-)

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Next trip will be for some handgun training, but I'll probably have to rent something for that. I don't think she'll enjoy the shooting the .40, but a .22 would be a fun start for her, and maybe 9mm after she gets used to it.

I live in Klein, just shoot me a PM and I will let you use a 9mm and .22 when she is ready.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    It's been a while, but we finally got back to the range - this time she shot a handgun for the first time. They didn't have any .22's available, so we rented an LC9 for her to try. Next time we'll try something with a little more barrel to reduce the muzzle flip, and work on the stance & grip a little more. But 50 rounds later, she was a happy camper!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    It's been a while ...

10/8/11 to 3/4/12. Yea, that's an understatement. :1zhelp:

As long as their willing to continue, it's good.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Well, in my defense, I did take the other one shooting in the meantime.
    I'm the problem here - I don't get out to the range as much as I should... she didn't hesitate when invited.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    its fun to teach daughters how to shoot.... my 9yr old daughter loves to shoot my .22 buckmark and my .22 lever henry when she goes to the ranch....now she is asking when can she shoot the shotgun..... one step at at time girl.......

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Glad to hear you guys had a good time .
    She sure did great the last time out .
    I think you mean her little sister; that's the one you met at our last get-together. This is the second outing for the older one; the first was at the beginning of this thread when she was shooting the AR, and then today with the little Ruger. Little sister is next up, she said she wants to go again, but we'll probably stick with a .22 rifle for now. Her birthday is coming up, and I'm thinking of getting her an air rifle for plinking in the back yard. More than likely I'll get one for each...

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    That's a good deed. I have taken all of mine over the years. The youngest seems to be the best shot. 3 holes covered with a dime at 50 yds with a 17HMR. Then she followed that up with 3 holes covered with a quarter at 100 yds with an AR target barrel and scope. She took her first deer at age 13 at 190 yds. Its amazing how some kids just know what to do at a young age.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    That's a good deed. I have taken all of mine over the years. The youngest seems to be the best shot. 3 holes covered with a dime at 50 yds with a 17HMR. Then she followed that up with 3 holes covered with a quarter at 100 yds with an AR target barrel and scope. She took her first deer at age 13 at 190 yds. Its amazing how some kids just know what to do at a young age.
    It seems like they just don't know any better and go rip the bullseye out of the target and wonder what all the fuss is about...

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yep. But when she figured out she could out-shoot my son, the taunting began. lol

Top Bottom