• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Last straw. Woke AT&T just cancelled One America News. Not that I’m a freakish fan of the network, but I do watch it regularly. We heard they were threatening it, but it became effective today. Turned on OAN- and no dice.
    We are done. Cancelling Uverse and going streaming. Cancelling ATT internet and going Xfinity. Cancelling ATT cell phone and going Verizon. This will be done by the end of next week.
    It will be a huge PITA to make these changes and will not save me a dime. If it costs me an extra 100.00/month I’ll pay it.
    Fruck AT&T. Please Fruck this woke POS company as well.
    Good riddance to bad garbage.
    Guns International

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Don't forget that you should be able to port your phone numbers to any other carrier for no charge.
    Got ya. I also have an sbcglobal email address that I won’t give up. It’s free and it’ll cost them a bit (minuscule) amount of money to maintain it. I believe they have to let me keep it.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I switched my ATT cellphones to Mint Mobile, $210 for two phones and six months everything unlimited (unlimited means you get throttled to 2G speeds after 35GB of 5G data).
    And I switched my internet to T-Mobile home internet for $50/month, all fees and shit included.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    Got ya. I also have an sbcglobal email address that I won’t give up. It’s free and it’ll cost them a bit (minuscule) amount of money to maintain it. I believe they have to let me keep it.
    Have to? No.
    Say they will? Yes.
    Do they really? No. They'll change security settings and keep you from connecting; if you wade through enough pages you might get it to work. Update all of your AT&T security info now.

dartsinsa

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2018
    Katy, TX
    I am retired ATT.
    We have Xfinity Internet and TV, and I just switched mobile to Xfinity.
    They use the Verizon network, and you have to have their Internet to get it, but about half price from Verizon.
    I agree with the sentiments.....it ain't the same company as when I was working.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Have to? No.
    Say they will? Yes.
    Do they really? No. They'll change security settings and keep you from connecting; if you wade through enough pages you might get it to work. Update all of your AT&T security info now.
    Crap. I thought they were required similar to porting phone numbers. Sounds like you know a bit about this. Do you know of a program that will allow to port to a new address? I’ve had this email address for 20 years.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I switched my ATT cellphones to Mint Mobile, $210 for two phones and six months everything unlimited (unlimited means you get throttled to 2G speeds after 35GB of 5G data).
    And I switched my internet to T-Mobile home internet for $50/month, all fees and shit included.
    Can’t get T-Mobile internet service here yet. Isn’t Mint owned by Ryan Reynolds?

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    Crap. I thought they were required similar to porting phone numbers. Sounds like you know a bit about this. Do you know of a program that will allow to port to a new address? I’ve had this email address for 20 years.
    Porting an email address isn't possible. AT&T says you can keep the email address(es); it doesn't always work.
    An email client (Outlook, Mail, others) may stop working. You can generate a a key to use in an email client, but that may not work. It works about half of the time.
    Webmail works about 2/3 of the time. You might be able to forward the AT&T email to another email address; I've done that, and it continues to work.
    AT&T's web pages don't make it easy; there are multiple pages that could be combined. Sign in here, make a change, go to another site, sign in make a change, go to another site, sign in, make a change... It'd be much easier if all of this was on one web page.
    I did this yesterday; got 2 of 3 accounts work in webmail, 0 of 3 in an email client, even with the application key.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Porting an email address isn't possible. AT&T says you can keep the email address(es); it doesn't always work.
    An email client (Outlook, Mail, others) may stop working. You can generate a a key to use in an email client, but that may not work. It works about half of the time.
    Webmail works about 2/3 of the time. You might be able to forward the AT&T email to another email address; I've done that, and it continues to work.
    AT&T's web pages don't make it easy; there are multiple pages that could be combined. Sign in here, make a change, go to another site, sign in make a change, go to another site, sign in, make a change... It'd be much easier if all of this was on one web page.
    I did this yesterday; got 2 of 3 accounts work in webmail, 0 of 3 in an email client, even with the application key.
    So do you think I just bite the bullet, start a Gmail account and collect the sites that I need to change over? Lord—what a freaking pain.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I am a retiree from them and still have the sbcglobal.net stuff which have never used except as a login to their site for everything. I have fiber to the back of the TV with Uverse and Internet, plus two cells. I even have a free landline I never use except to fax. I'd like to change because they have changed too much since I retired 20 years ago. Nowhere near the same company once was. They abruptly told me they would no longer send me a bill for Uverse/Internet, not even a friendly text or email, that I'd have to login to see my bill. Thus usually 2-3 months behind. It would be a royal pain for me to change everything just to make a point. I doubt they would miss me anyway.

As for your email change, Yahoo is a better choice for me over Gmail only because I've had several accounts (free) since Al Gore invented the Internet. At some point AT&T will nix their mail probably sooner than later. IMO, you should be taking care of that now by getting another account and notifying friends and family . They tend to do things with not much warning. They ditched their alarm service, Digital Life, abruptly I've had for years and dumped me off to Brinks. I have many reasons to dump them for everything but at the end of the day, is just too much BS to transition.....

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I am a retiree from them and still have the sbcglobal.net stuff which have never used except as a login to their site for everything. I have fiber to the back of the TV with Uverse and Internet, plus two cells. I even have a free landline I never use except to fax. I'd like to change because they have changed too much since I retired 20 years ago. Nowhere near the same company once was. They abruptly told me they would no longer send me a bill for Uverse/Internet, not even a friendly text or email, that I'd have to login to see my bill. Thus usually 2-3 months behind. It would be a royal pain for me to change everything just to make a point. I doubt they would miss me anyway.

As for your email change, Yahoo is a better choice for me over Gmail only because I've had several accounts (free) since Al Gore invented the Internet. At some point AT&T will nix their mail probably sooner than later. IMO, you should be taking care of that now by getting another account and notifying friends and family . They tend to do things with not much warning. They ditched their alarm service, Digital Life, abruptly I've had for years and dumped me off to Brinks. I have many reasons to dump them for everything but at the end of the day, is just too much BS to transition.....
    It is a bunch of BS. I dread it. I’m taking the plunge. First account I’ll switch to my new email will be TGT.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Would y'all please speak in small American words for this Old Guy? We, too, have decided to ditch AT&T, would also like to ditch G-mail, f-b, etc. and have no idea about how. We'd like to get off i-Phones, too and try the Korean phones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We are in a rural area and can't get decent internet or TV, but phones work well.

Yes, their cancelling OAN N was the real "last straw".

leVieux

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Would y'all please speak in small American words for this Old Guy? We, too, have decided to ditch AT&T, would also like to ditch G-mail, f-b, etc. and have no idea about how. We'd like to get off i-Phones, too and try the Korean phones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We are in a rural area and can't get decent internet or TV, but phones work well.

Yes, their cancelling OAN N was the real "last straw".

leVieux
    Good on you, Doc.

Top Bottom