• ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Congrats!

On the mounting, you can always just mount the horns yourself Euro style while you consider getting a full should mount later.

If you end up wanting to get a full shoulder mount the taxidermist can always fit a cape from a different deer, They will charge based on the quality of the cape, etc, but usually between $75 and $150 as a ballpark (it can vary a lot depending on the taxi).

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    386249_10100347067271497_29619265_49466701_1050567722_n.jpg

388469_10100347066483077_29619265_49466695_834710108_n.jpg

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    Nice Deer blackwater. Good shot! What does it run you to get a deer processed?
    Thanks the shot was an angled shot that's why it looks back a little but upon field drawing saw it was through the heart. Out here in west Texas it cost me about 150 to get all that I mentioned above, not bad for the amount of meat I got.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I wish Kerrville had deer like this running around beyond the city... I have an 8 pointer that sleeps in my yard in town, one day he wont wake up if I can be sneeky about it!

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Nice! Thats the one bad thing about Texas. Everyone turned hunting into a business. I'll just hunt for some big White Tail back home in Ohio for free! (Other than the license).

Saw what looked like an 8 point on 1604 couple weeks ago dead on the side of the road. I thought about stopping and grabbing that sum-bitch! lol

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Nice! Thats the one bad thing about Texas. Everyone turned hunting into a business. I'll just hunt for some big White Tail back home in Ohio for free! (Other than the license).

Saw what looked like an 8 point on 1604 couple weeks ago dead on the side of the road. I thought about stopping and grabbing that sum-bitch! lol

Nuttin wrong with a little road kill, saves bullets! It is expensive to hunt in Texas, everybody wants to charge an arm and a leg to hunt on their land. You can hunt for free if you know the right people. Or if you own some land of your own, thats my goal. Could take a while though,lol.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I wish Kerrville had deer like this running around beyond the city... I have an 8 pointer that sleeps in my yard in town, one day he wont wake up if I can be sneeky about it!

I know what you mean. There's so many deer running around the suburbs and parks on the north side of San Antonio.
    Makes a guy want to buy a crossbow and go over there and wreck house one night...

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Congratulations on your deer. We're in a 13" rule county and I finally saw a shooter. Of course, once he hit the ground his antlers shrank. lucky for me they stopped at 13 7 1/4". I hunt witha 30-30 as well.

Very cool. I copied the image codes for ya
    photo12.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo10.jpg

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Nice, So that was your last "big buck" of the season? Only get one of 1 or greater right? The hunting regs are all new to me but this is a strange one. My county isn't in antler restriction but that is a tough rule. They go by ear tip to ear tip when in the alert position or inside spread of 13" or greater on the main beam. Thats a tough call at 100 yds, binos or not. The one I got looked like an 8 point til I shot him and ran over there before I realized he had 10 points... Ended up being 14 1/8" inside on the "main beam". I'm gona try for one more this season, hopefully a doe. Now to get my friend to take a day off work so we can hunt,lol.

Top Bottom