• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I could be wrong also. The cops may have lied on their report, the family member may have been full of crap, and the guy may have been a model citizen.

The family member could have told the truth or lied, it doesn’t matter.

This man was not granted due process of law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    ARJ Defense ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Good job of clipping out where I said exactly that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I think we will see a fair number of these situations. If someone IS agitated and not thinking rationally, and behaving in a risky way, if LE shows up (after a family member files under this law) and confronts them directly, the odds of the person being so irrational that they fire on police is a fair bet.

They have served over a hundred of these? I would have bet the number of this result playing out to be higher than one in a hundred. I think they were overdue, actually.

Edit: by “overdue,” I clarify that I think this kind of thing is likely to happen more often than one in a hundred times with these red flag situations.

Stopping (with force) someone agitated, illogical and desperate enough to be considering suicide or murder is going to be a risky, violent business sometimes.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Agree with all of this.

The law is horrible. But I don’t know this is the best example to use when fighting it.

I could be wrong also. The cops may have lied on their report, the family member may have been full of crap, and the guy may have been a model citizen.

It need to go to SCOTUS and be slapped down for lack of due process.

This....

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Why was that raid unannounced? There was nothing to justify a sudden confrontation in the early morning hours. The homeowner defended his home from intrusion. The idea that we should let the Blue Meanies barge into our homes, take our property then we beg for the return of our stuff later, is crap!

NO ONE gets out of this place alive and we all die at some point. His was a good death and worthy of respect! May God bless him and his family.

Flash

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    They wanted his ammo in his guns and he gave it to them. It's going to happen more and more often. If they want to come and get it people are going to give it to them. . . . just not in the way they want

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The way the anti-gun crowd has pushed people into a corner in some places, I fear you are right.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Unfortunately, this is what happens when the soap box and the ballot box are not on the side of the people. I expect this to happen more often. And I expect the police to use all the SWAT tactics they learned on the War on Drugs to carry out this law.

Each LEO will have to decide where he/she comes down on this.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Unfortunately, this is what happens when the soap box and the ballot box are not on the side of the people. I expect this to happen more often. And I expect the police to use all the SWAT tactics they learned on the War on Drugs to carry out this law.

Each LEO will have to decide where he/she comes down on this.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

If, God Forbid, the people have to retake this Republic, the police will be the first to die.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    How many people have read the text of the applicable law? Just curious.

I looked it up and started reading on it. I don’t like it, but the way to change it isn’t to fire at the cops. Such acts give the public reason to believe the guy was probably a risk.

The better option would be to find a good 2A lawyer, go to the scheduled hearing within 14 days, and then either appeal if you lose, or if you win file a suite against the state to recuperate court costs and attorney fees. Whatever can be done to get the law to start moving up the through the courts.

This case doesn’t have enough back story or evidence to be “smoking gun” though. Nobody knows what the guy was reported for, one article claims he fired at LE and was shot (as is to be expected), and there is very little actual substance as it relates to this specific case in the article linked in the OP.

The law sucks. It’s poorly written.

Anyone know what our gun organizations are doing to help?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Younggun,

Are you aware of any credible update to this story?

Define “credible”.

I didn’t think the link in the OP was “credible” since it left out details given in an article posted by another member shortly after and was obviously biased, but it read as an opinion piece and not news so I’m ok with that. The other article seemed to stick more to what was in the police report. You decide if it’s credible or not.

Guess it depends on what info your looking for as well. I’m ok with believing the law is shit and this guy could also have been unhinged. If you want something showing either of those to be either verified or wrong, I got nothing aside from my opinion of the law itself.

Top Bottom