• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gln305

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Lakehills, TX
    These rifles are addictive, just sold this one and look forward to building another this time starting with a Kidd receiver. Accuracy with this one was awesome and being a novice rifle shooter, quarter size groups at 50 yards was easy. Might wanna check out Rimfirecentral.com to research upgrades.

IMG_0400.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    View attachment 13369

This is what you can do to the factory wood stock. Theres lots of extra wood that can be shaped down. Shes had the bolt jeweled and reworked, Receiver polished, barrel polished and reblued, bedded, trigger work, mag release thingy, grip cap off a 1950's remmy 870. She'd hit a dummy grenade hanging off a realty house sign frame at 135Yards.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    View attachment 13370

Heres another one of my home built jobs. Hogue stock. A few attachments here and there. Trigger, and bolt rework. Thats a hair band right after the grip. have no idea why I was using it at the time. I guess to attach more camo?

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    i bought on a couple of weeks ago. I also bought a pro-mag 32 rounder magazine. it was junk I brought it back. what kind of experience have have yall had with the aftermarket 25 round mags

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    i bought on a couple of weeks ago. I also bought a pro-mag 32 rounder magazine. it was junk I brought it back. what kind of experience have have yall had with the aftermarket 25 round mags

Butler creek....The ones with plastic lips are straight junk. OMG, junk! The only good use for them is to carry extra ammo quietly for my Sig 522. The metal lip jobs are way better. But they do jam up every now and then. If I had to buy another. Id get the factory ruger 25rd they came out with.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein

I have a 1991 standard carbine that works fine with some (but not all) of the 25 round Butler Creek Hot Lips mags and a 30 round Ramline, and an old 25 round pre-ban Eaton plastic lip mag I picked up in the early 80s, but the older 1974 receiver based custom build will only work with Butler Creek Steel Lip and Ruger factory steel lip mags.

Top Bottom