• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Only issue I can see with a full Article V Convention is once it starts anything can be brought to the table and those that are sent to the convention to vote can vote in anyway they see fit. We can convene the convention to pass term limits and have the Liberals that are sent repeal the 2nd. It is a double edged sword, it can certainly work in our (the people) favor but it can also neuter the Bill of Rights at the same time.
    Guns International

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Only issue I can see with a full Article V Convention is once it starts anything can be brought to the table and those that are sent to the convention to vote can vote in anyway they see fit. We can convene the convention to pass term limits and have the Liberals that are sent repeal the 2nd. It is a double edged sword, it can certainly work in our (the people) favor but it can also neuter the Bill of Rights at the same time.

This is my concern as well. I need to read up more on the particulars of how this would work but it must be assumed from the start that if there is a way for the left to hijack it, they will. When they're done, we'll have constitutional rights to free health care, fully funded abortion on demand, a complete repeal of the 2nd amendment if not an outright ban on private ownership of firearms of any kind, a mandated 50% tax rate on "the rich", and a "living wage", among many, many other things.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I don't know. As I said, I need to read up on how this would work. I need to know what kind of safeguards would prevent the convention from being opened up to other issues. I do know that the left is exponentially better at this game than the right and I am very reluctant to ever give them a free shot at the Constitution.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Pretty sure that a convention if states requires 75% vote for ratification of any amendments just as any other Constitutional Amendment would.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Pretty sure that a convention if states requires 75% vote for ratification of any amendments just as any other Constitutional Amendment would.

It does but it does not require those in attendance to vote the way their State tells them too. The members sent to the convention have the full authority to vote as they see fit. You get enough liberals sent they can get what they want passed.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Repealing the 16th would fix damn near every issue we have with the federal government. Kill off future generations being treated as a tax farm, eliminating their capacity for deficit spending; which is their main source of political power. No more being able to buy votes with "projects" and "stimuli" and "acts." This would neuter the Federal Reserve, too.

Hit their wallet! Everything else will fall into place.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Repealing the 16th would fix damn near every issue we have with the federal government. Kill off future generations being treated as a tax farm, eliminating their capacity for deficit spending; which is their main source of political power. No more being able to buy votes with "projects" and "stimuli" and "acts." This would neuter the Federal Reserve, too.

Hit their wallet! Everything else will fall into place.

And Dan hits the nail on the head!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have called and written my state Rep here. She is getting educated on this movement. She isn't against it, just getting up to speed.
    The real movers behind this are Phil King and Allen Fletcher. They are willing to file the petition in the TX legislature but we need that special session. We cannot wait until next year to do this. Texas needs to be with the first wave of states to call for this.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Agree^^^

I'd say Virginia too, but there's too much liberal crap flooding from the north. All the people in Richmond, noVa and Norfolk suckling off the gov't teat. Cuccinelli was our last hope, but like all real conservatives, the GOP abandoned him

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Agree^^^

I'd say Virginia too, but there's too much liberal crap flooding from the north. All the people in Richmond, noVa and Norfolk suckling off the gov't teat. Cuccinelli was our last hope, but like all real conservatives, the GOP abandoned him

Yep, the GOP really showed their asses on this one. And as soon as they got called out on it, Rove and the others tried to do damage control. Well, sorry. Now everyone knows yalls true colors.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step.

This is the answer to countless prayers. Let's hope it continues moving forward.

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom