• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Only issue I can see with a full Article V Convention is once it starts anything can be brought to the table and those that are sent to the convention to vote can vote in anyway they see fit. We can convene the convention to pass term limits and have the Liberals that are sent repeal the 2nd. It is a double edged sword, it can certainly work in our (the people) favor but it can also neuter the Bill of Rights at the same time.

I totally agree with RetArmySgt. The whole thing is a double edge sword we need to be careful for what we wish for. We may get something a whole lot worse. Hitler was voted into power and Austria voted to join Germany.

kotetu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Houston
    I emailed the first two named (rep and senator) four of my amendment ideas.

A Constitutional Amendment to prohibit Line Item Vetos, Signing Statements, and to Clarify Limits on Executive Orders:

The President of the United States may not
    (a) use the so-called "line item veto" in order to veto sections of bills passed by the Congress and presented for his or her signature or
    (b) alter any bills passed by the Congress with signing statements or
    (c) issue any Executive Order that
    (i) does not enforce existing law authorized under Article I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution or
    (ii) is not enumerated in Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution.​
    The President of the United States may
    (a) void or cancel any existing Executive Order for which the authority is not enumerated in Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution.​

A Constitutional Amendment to Strengthen Habeas Corpus:

Article I, Section 9, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution is amended to read:

"The Right of the People to the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended."​

An Amendment to Prevent Unread bills from becoming Law

No bill may become law if

(a) it exceeds 25 pages in length, including all amendments, or
    (b) it has been available to the Legislature and the Citizens to read for less than 30 calendar days, or
    (c) it has been modified by amendment within the prior 30 calendar days, or
    (d) fewer than all voting Legislators affirm under penalty of perjury that they have read the bill in full.​

An Amendment to Limit the terms of elected officials

Section 1 of the Twenty-Second amendment is amended to read:

"No person shall be elected to any federal public office more than twice, and no person who has held that office, or acted in the capacity of that office, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected to that office shall be elected to that office more than once. This article shall apply to every person currently holding any office, but shall not prevent any such person from fulfilling the remainder of such term, unless duly replaced by Constitutionally approved means."​

Last edited:

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    How about:
    Congress shall pass no laws that they themselves are not bound by.

Congress shall pass no laws that contradict the Constitution of the United States.
    And any laws currently passed that are in contradiction to the Constitution of the United States are null and void.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Last edited:

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    With all of Rick Perry's bravado, Texas should have been first. I am disappointed, but then again, it was South Carolinians who fired the opening shots.

Texas Republicans/Conservatives really need to get something going. The dems have a hell of a machine in full gear along with tens of thousands of illegals being dumped in San Antonio. Cruz was a good start though.

Mark Levin is the man.
    If you can deal with his voice he is pretty good. I miss Boortz personally.

Yep, the GOP really showed their asses on this one. And as soon as they got called out on it, Rove and the others tried to do damage control. Well, sorry. Now everyone knows yalls true colors.
    But Hannity told me Rove is awesome! lol

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Texas Republicans/Conservatives really need to get something going. The dems have a hell of a machine in full gear along with tens of thousands of illegals being dumped in San Antonio. Cruz was a good start though.

If you can deal with his voice he is pretty good. I miss Boortz personally.

But Hannity told me Rove is awesome! lol

Im no dittohead but Rush was on fire today.

Top Bottom