• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Kinda reminds me of the individual in California they were trying to prosecute about a rig he had set up to help people "complete" their 80% AR lowers. The Feds supposedly ended up throwing out the case over the law referring to "firearms" instead of just the lowers.

I have not heard anything about it since.
    I think it would be cool to have a CNC bar where you could buy a 80% lower. Then hang out and have a beer while it was completed while you were on site.

Or

a CNC vending machine where you pick the lower, some features or profiles. Swipe your card and it completes the lower while you stand there.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    I think it would be cool to have a CNC bar where you could buy a 80% lower. Then hang out and have a beer while it was completed while you were on site.

Or

a CNC vending machine where you pick the lower, some features or profiles. Swipe your card and it completes the lower while you stand there.

That's sort of what was going on in CA a few years back. They would have "parties" where you could get an 80% lower and by the time you left the party, you could have a completed firearm. I even heard they sold some NFA type features, though I have never been to one. The local ATF agents that I knew were all about people getting them, they just wanted to know where they were being finished. The ATF did bust a ring of guys making AK's out of flats? and I guess these guys were selling them to the cartels.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Gonna be tough to win in court. There are a lot of ex-ATF expert witnesses who will testify it is not a MG. There lots of documents, and paper trail it is not a MG. So I do not see any convictions, unless Billy represents himself.

But they did succeed in preventing them from being made anymore.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    They succeeded in shutting down the manufacturer. Until it gets shot down in court.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sadly it didn’t really backfire at all.

They dropped the charge because they had plenty of other stuff to hit him with leaving the us in the same situation we’ve been in since the ban was enacted.

Not much of a win, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

They dropped the charge because they had plenty of other stuff to hit him with leaving the us in the same situation we’ve been in since the ban was enacted.

Not much of a win, IMO.

That was pretty much my reaction.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Not much of a win, IMO.

It signals to me they lack confidence in the outcome and would prefer to have the threat of prosecution over having a judge laugh them out of the court.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It signals to me they lack confidence in the outcome and would prefer to have the threat of prosecution over having a judge laugh them out of the court.

In this case, they probable knew they had enough to get a conviction without bringing the bumpstock charge, and knew it was really a moot point, and maybe felt it could have hurt their chances of getting a conviction on the other charges?

Now where it would get interesting, is if they arrest some law-abiding gun owner, and the bumpstock charge is all they have to bring to court!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Never knew that would work, thanks.

ETA: It did not work after all.
    Sorry. Worked for me.

Often the sites that tell you you have exceeded the number of visits records the number of visits in cookies. When you clear them, the count starts over.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

While true, it still doesn’t really change out position.

The case didn’t go through the courts so anyone who might have kept a bumpstock or anyone who wants one will still be on the roster as a test case and will likely have to dump many thousands of dollars as well as sit for an unknown amount of time in prison while the case is pending.

That’s more than enough to maintain the effect of the ban.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    While true, it still doesn’t really change out position.

The case didn’t go through the courts so anyone who might have kept a bumpstock or anyone who wants one will still be on the roster as a test case and will likely have to dump many thousands of dollars as well as sit for an unknown amount of time in prison while the case is pending.

That’s more than enough to maintain the effect of the ban.

Oh yes, I agree.

I'm not saying a new day has dawned, I'm just hoping I am seeing sky glow in the east...

Top Bottom