• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    So I got my new mount for the *flAshlight* the other day. Took it to the range on Thursday. I didn't dump hundreds of rounds, but the mount survived 60 rounds without any loosening or shifting. That's 20 times better than the original part, so woo for that.

I sold my red dot to a friend for his M&P AR 22lr and got it zero'd for him on the same trip.

I picked up an LVPO for the gun yesterday, and boy do my eyes like it better just from sighting various targets around the house, in the dark (with the light), or in the daylight.

It came down to two scopes for me - the Burris RT6 which gets great reviews, and the Redfield Rebel 1-6. I really like the illumination of the Burris - its not *as bright* on the brightest setting of most red dots, but it was still brighter on max than I typically ran my red dot.

I did ultimately pick the Redfield though, because the small reticle on the Burris was not as fast to target as the duplex reticle was - I think because my brain is trained from other standard scopes? I dunno, but the Burris reticle could use some cross hairs in addition to the ranging reticle *for my eyes*

Honestly the lack of illumination isn't a big deal.

What I am glad though - going back to the light mount - is that I stuck with the offset instead of jumping to the rail mount 12 o'clock light.

TEHiAHk.jpg

The offset mount still takes up about 20% of the real estate on 1X. Seems that a TLR1HL or their rifle version, the TLR-RL would be taking up that space, maybe a bit more, right under the reticle.

On 2X the muzzle is no longer visible.

2RRcgjZ.jpg

Going to get the new sight dialed in today and see if the light mount comes loose, but I don't think it will.

So far, I am tentatively very happy with this setup.

mC35f0s.jpg

If I make more changes to the gun, the next change may be to the muzzle device, the flash can may be swapped out for a suppressor compatible flash hider.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    If you go with an offset M-LOK mount at 9:00, you could get the light tucked in even more, and maybe out of view at 1X almost entirely. Here's a few mounts:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    If you go with an offset M-LOK mount at 9:00, you could get the light tucked in even more, and maybe out of view at 1X almost entirely. Here's a few mounts:

I doubt there's a top rail mount that would make it invisible - I can also see the top rail of the handguard at 1X. So far this mount has proven to be solid, and it puts the light where I ran it before and liked it. Keeping the scope on 2X or higher solves the issue of seeing the light.

long_tall_texan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    DFW
    I recently just 3D printed a Pic Mounted flashlight holder to throw on a few rifles that did not have lights. No, they are not super high end lights, but better than nothing. But... This post makes me wonder how long my ABS mounts will hold up over time. I guess time will tell.
    Screenshot_20211116-224540_Photos.jpg

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I recently just 3D printed a Pic Mounted flashlight holder to throw on a few rifles that did not have lights. No, they are not super high end lights, but better than nothing. But... This post makes me wonder how long my ABS mounts will hold up over time. I guess time will tell. View attachment 288712

If they make it more then 3 rounds, then they'll have outdone the metal mount I was using to begin with!

long_tall_texan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    DFW
    This is the lowest profile setup I've found yet. Pictured light body is a Modlite 18650 with a Surefire UE tailcap. Switch is a Modlite ModButton. Mount is a Frank Proctor M-LOK direct mount. Since I'm sure some inone will ask, the sights are Bobro Lowriders. They're cool and very slim, though a bit too finicky to actually use IMO.

View attachment 288784

View attachment 288785
    Great looking setup. I designed mine as low of profile as possible. Nice tight setup you have!

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    That Proctor mount is cool and I probably would have gone that way if I had found them. They’re half the price of the Arisaka mounts IIRC.

You don’t have to remove the rail for the Arisaka mount though.

Top Bottom