• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    <>

The newly manufactured FN "FAL Sporter" uses a different very expensive mag. My older Son has one. Beautiful rifle, but they should have designed it for the regular .308 FAL magazines !

<>
    FN has not manufactured a FAL for the US market in decades. Maybe you are thinking of the FN SCAR, which does use a $45 proprietary magazine?

There are two types of FN FAL mags—Commonwealth or metric, commonly referred to as inch or metric. Metrics have a small beak punched out of the front of the mag. The inch version has a larger tab spot welded/brazed on the front of the mag. Theoretically, you can use a metric mag in an inch gun, but not visa versa.
    Military Camp

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    <>

The newly manufactured FN "FAL Sporter" uses a different very expensive mag. My older Son has one. Beautiful rifle, but they should have designed it for the regular .308 FAL magazines !

<>
    I drink the H&K koolaid and have done so before they hated me. When I bought my registered receiver H&K/Fleming 51 I bought 20 round aluminum magazines for $3.00 each new in the wrapper. Now the H&K G8 Drum was high dollar. I never tried any Allied Armament drums as those that I know that did pretty much bitched about them.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    FN has not manufactured a FAL for the US market in decades. Maybe you are thinking of the FN SCAR, which does use a $45 proprietary magazine?

There are two types of FN FAL mags—Commonwealth or metric, commonly referred to as inch or metric. Metrics have a small beak punched out of the front of the mag. The inch version has a larger tab spot welded/brazed on the front of the mag. Theoretically, you can use a metric mag in an inch gun, but not visa versa.
    <>

The rifle which I saw only for a few minutes some 5 years back was a sporter style box mag semi-auto w/ black plastic furniture. IIRC it was marked “FN” but looked nothing ike the SCAR. The magazines were proprietary and cost over $75/each way back then. It was marked .308.

Next time I’m over there I’ll take a pic to show.

IRRC, it bore some resemblance to a “BAR sporter”. I was told it was a “FAL Sporter” and did not resemble the military rifle.

<>

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    <>

The rifle which I saw only for a few minutes some 5 years back was a sporter style box mag semi-auto w/ black plastic furniture. IIRC it was marked “FN” but looked nothing ike the SCAR. The magazines were proprietary and cost over $75/each way back then. It was marked .308.

Next time I’m over there I’ll take a pic to show.

IRRC, it bore some resemblance to a “BAR sporter”. I was told it was a “FAL Sporter” and did not resemble the military rifle.

<>
    FNAR?

download (28).jpeg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Zack, I’m going to quit digging this hole until I can see the rifle & take a photo of it.

I was told it was a “FN FAL Sporter .308”.

Myabe the person who told me was wrong, or maybe I misunderstood, or maybe it is just a very rare piece.

IIRC, it had a scope with ring mounts, not a rail. I’d bet that you are correct, as usual.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:
    Top Bottom