• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    It can also be charged with multiple counts of attempted (or actual) murder. I believe the driver that shot through the bikers was actually charged with murder.
    The incident you speak of, is when the bikers were beating the rover, up in NY?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RodKo40S&W

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2017
    Austin,Texas
    Please tell me why. The law clearly says that obstructing passage of a public street, in this case, is a crime. I am saying that said passage is a right to all who desire to use that street for normal travel-and the state agrees, or they wouldn't make it a crime to obstruct it.

I know that when police are handling a "protest" (riot), they're not going to come over and make the protesters move right then...that's why I posted earlier that I'd be nowhere near the "event". The irony or inequity is that the law intended to keep us from being obstructed on our normal way is not enforced...but the ones breaking that law are protected by, in this case, the agg. assault law, so that they can break it, while we sit there temporarily hostage to their lawlessness.

Please tell me why a law like this is written and passed except to preserve for the public the right to pass peacefully down the streets. I don't understand the disagreement on this point.
    My belief exactly. We have become so PC in this country that we feel we must assure the right of the so-called demonstrators; what about my right as a law abiding citizen to get from point A to Point B without unnecessary impediment? I can understand protesters being on the roadway if it is a large group, but law enforcement MUST be pro-active in assure safe passage for everyone.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    They haven't, nor have they stopped those "excercising their rights" from burning police cars, smashing and looting, burning stores, beating citizens...I'd say it's a matter of "selective enforcement."

james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    They haven't, nor have they stopped those "excercising their rights" from burning police cars, smashing and looting, burning stores, beating citizens...I'd say it's a matter of "selective enforcement."
    Where has this happened in Texas? Other parts of the country are unfortunately lost anyways...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The incident you speak of, is when the bikers were beating the rover, up in NY?
    t7WmUCZ.jpg

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I think the issue could be very quickly solved by some law changes. Pedestrians have the right of way ONLY inside a marked crosswalk wile the light is green. Anywhere else pedestrians have the legal obligation to stay out of the way. Injuries sustained outside of a crosswalk under a green light get lumped into the you won a stupid prize for doing something stupid.

One can hope...
    Really, please show me the law that says that. I know we're having internet fun here, or someone is, but no.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    As a biker, I hate when they call anyone that rides a motorcycle a biker. Those were thugs on motorcycles looking for a fight. Now I'm not saying the history of bikers doesn't have that, but those are not the types I identify with.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    As a biker, I don't get worked up about what people label this or that, or how people tend to make ignorant generalizations. I also own a pit bull and daily drive Italian cars :laughing:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    There are bikers and then there are bikers. I was making statement, not necessarily getting "worked up". Now those that drive Italian cars.......

Top Bottom