• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Centerpoint Houston bought several. I hear through the grapevine that they are really heavy so even with all the HP they are not crazy, and that it drove pretty nice.

Should be a good workout for them. Cant wait to see how they hold up.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I have only had 5 on my 2021 f150 xlt

I'm about done with Ford. My 1st was a 2013 3.5 ecoboost, that developed cold start knock around 36k miles... that I purchased new during truck month. There are tons of Lubetoob videos out there... even the Raptors with the ecoboost that developed the same issue. It dont matter the year of ecoboost, they has the same issue in all the years. Ford never did a recall on a known manufacturer issue.

I traded the ecoboost in 2019 for a left over 2018 5.0 during truck month. Ever since it hit 60k miles it has a tick sound from the engine. Sounds like a loose lifter.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Not really a surprise that 2nd most populous state has second highest percentage of sales.

The EV hate is strong in TX

Most cant see beyond the fools pushing them as a "green save the world" thing when at this point they are not.

Most cant consider people just buying them for performance and to give the finger to gas stations

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "Most cant consider people just buying them for performance and to give the finger to gas stations"

I don't hate everything electrical...how could I?

I like having lights/dishwasher/ AC, etc.

But, there's something 'unmanly' about an ev vehicle...it's like a 'gelding' vs a 'stallion' i.e., a big ass V-8.

An ev is as bad as holding your wife's purse while she drives your other vehicle...a prius, while taking you shopping for the clothes she wants you to wear...you know, frilly, cute as the dickens stuff, you'll look FABULOUS in!

Meanwhile, back at the vehicle show room - put down your check book and back away from the 'car sales guy' and let me show you a big ole honking V-8, yep a true gas powered, throaty no BS blasting TRUCK...that's right, now get out your check book for that thing of beauty...yeah, that's it!

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I'm about done with Ford. My 1st was a 2013 3.5 ecoboost, that developed cold start knock around 36k miles... that I purchased new during truck month. There are tons of Lubetoob videos out there... even the Raptors with the ecoboost that developed the same issue. It dont matter the year of ecoboost, they has the same issue in all the years. Ford never did a recall on a known manufacturer issue.

I traded the ecoboost in 2019 for a left over 2018 5.0 during truck month. Ever since it hit 60k miles it has a tick sound from the engine. Sounds like a loose lifter.
    Be grateful you don’t have one of the oil burner 5.0s. They had a good engine until they started changing stuff on it. Im sure on paper they saved .025 mpg or some other insignificant number to up their CAFE number.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I saw one the other day. I had to go to the cell phone store and the nearest place to park was in front of Dick's Sporting Goods. I parked, flipped off Dicks, and started towards the phone store when I saw it. A guy came out of Dicks and got in it. I was soooo tempted to ask him what possessed him to buy such a POS, but then I realized that he was shopping in Dicks and so he must be a useless liberal dimwit and I just let it go and got on with my business.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I know I'm going to piss off a bunch of you, but EV is the future, but the problem is that we're not ready for the future. The battery technology is no where near what it needs to be, and the grid would come to a halt if even close to 20% of the cars were electric. Know how many amps those things suck up on level 2 charging? With everyone plugging in around 6:00 at night when they get home from work it will be lights out.
    There's almost no charging stations yet, and charging from 10% up to 100% would take close to an hour at a level 3 charging station.
    Long trips would be a bit inconvenient to say the least with the lack of charging stations and the time it takes to charge.

On the plus side, if you've got solar panels, can charge it during the day, have an ICE vehicle to use for longer trips, and have the money to spend, it's great.

OneGunTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2021
    Houston
    I know I'm going to piss off a bunch of you, but EV is the future, but the problem is that we're not ready for the future. The battery technology is no where near what it needs to be, and the grid would come to a halt if even close to 20% of the cars were electric. Know how many amps those things suck up on level 2 charging? With everyone plugging in around 6:00 at night when they get home from work it will be lights out.
    There's almost no charging stations yet, and charging from 10% up to 100% would take close to an hour at a level 3 charging station.
    Long trips would be a bit inconvenient to say the least with the lack of charging stations and the time it takes to charge.

On the plus side, if you've got solar panels, can charge it during the day, have an ICE vehicle to use for longer trips, and have the money to spend, it's great.
    Not convinced it is the future. Still need to burn something to make electrons. Since the sun sets everyday, and the wind does not always blow, renewables will not save the day. So, what is the difference between burning gasoline, or coal, or natural gas? It took a century of investment to create enough refueling stations so that people don't worry about getting gas or diesel on a road trip. How long to recreate that convenience with battery recharging? How long will people want to wait to Recharge?

Not convinced that investment and R&D can keep up with politically-motivated sound bite policies and deadlines. People have been studying battery recharging for decades and it still takes too long for peoples patience.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Not convinced it is the future...
    The problem is .gov policy and tax money is manipulating the market to force EV adoption, same as wind power. Private entities can’t compete in a market against .gov with nearly unlimited pocketbooks.

The other fundamental problem isn’t EVs at all, it’s stable and reliable base load generation and transmission to meet demand that is growing faster than infrastructure can be developed to sustain it.

That’s going to be the showstopper.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If the battery tech was there, its probably 50 years away, and the quick charging infrastructure was there, also 50 years away, and we can jump in and drive across country the EV would be competitive and viable.

A smart gooberment would be investing in the battery tech to create an easy to charge long lasting easy to manufacture battery that could be charged thru onboarding solar or quick as getting gas charging. If they did the market would quickly take care of the rest. Forcing us to buy inferior not ready end products we cant use or charge is destined to fail.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    If the battery tech was there, its probably 50 years away, and the quick charging infrastructure was there, also 50 years away, and we can jump in and drive across country the EV would be competitive and viable.

A smart gooberment would be investing in the battery tech to create an easy to charge long lasting easy to manufacture battery that could be charged thru onboarding solar or quick as getting gas charging. If they did the market would quickly take care of the rest. Forcing us to buy inferior not ready end products we cant use or charge is destined to fail.
    The government doesn't see any need to build what we need. It's easier to make us need what they give us.

Top Bottom