• ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I wuz so pissed I was shaking....

Went to local restaurant to eat(well duh). It's not one I frequent... frequently but I have been spotted setting at one of the tables a time or two. I thought it'd be good to spread my business around and help those businesses that are still doing business. Walking up to the door I notice SIGNS saying a mask must be worn when entering AND exiting. Odd. Hummmm.... Go on in and wait for hostess for seating. Here she comes.... she grabs a pre-wrapped handful of silverware so I turn to follow her to a table. She stops me and says something, can't understand for the phukin' mask(I'm wearing one as well). But she stops me and mumbles something that I didn't catch. It looks like she's reaching for more silverware but nope.... Quicker than I can say kiss my ass, she has shot me with a contactless thermometer. Well what the....)(*&(Z&)(&. We're talking micro seconds here and it sinks in that she has violated my space with her bullshit. I head back out the door. I hope the place goes broke. In retrospect I am amazed at the number of cars in the parking lot and diners at the table. Sheep!
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Why does this bother you?
    Did you feel violated?
    You were already wearing a mask...

Strangely enough, YES, violated. The mask was applied with my hands in my space. I would have felt the same if I didn't have a mask on and she attempted to put one one me - even more so. Because I was wearing a mask should not even remotely suggest I didn't mind it. What really jerks my chain it these business owners claiming covid is running them out of business and they can't get enough customers bla... bla.... bla... And then they(or in this case this one) turn around and exceed the mandate. My temperature is my business! What next pissin' in a cup and wait 30 mins. for the results?

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Not sure where this was. Most places around here want the face mask, but not really enforced to much. If you want to go into a restaurant you need to wear the mask until you sit down. No temperature junk.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I see it this way. They can do whatever makes them feel safe in their environment, and it is their restaurant. But, like Doug, I would have taken exception at their actions as well. If being monitored by an IR thermometer is part of the price of admission to their restaurant, then a sign should be displayed at the entry saying so, just like the requirement of wearing a mask is.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I can see how that could escalate.
    She said something to me. I can hardly hear myself think much less some li'l gal mumblin' through a mask. I feel like I lost my virginity! LOL... I wasn't prepared. Didn't have a clue what was happening until it did. What's that deal about the 21' rule. Thermometer wieldin' bitch got me 'fore I could get my gun out!

An ir beam is your red line? You said contactless right?
    Did you ask why she took your temp?

You do realize places are starting to install IR cameras at entry points to do the same thing right?
    No, but only because I did not care "why". My temperature is none of her business. She didn't pull my pecker out to see how long it was either. Howev'a under the right set of circumstances that could be her business! :green:

Hi! My name is clueless - Had no idea folks were auto-monitoring peoples body temp.

This was Mamarita's on Spencer Hwy. in Pasadena.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I wuz so pissed I was shaking....

Went to local restaurant to eat(well duh). It's not one I frequent... frequently but I have been spotted setting at one of the tables a time or two. I thought it'd be good to spread my business around and help those businesses that are still doing business. Walking up to the door I notice SIGNS saying a mask must be worn when entering AND exiting. Odd. Hummmm.... Go on in and wait for hostess for seating. Here she comes.... she grabs a pre-wrapped handful of silverware so I turn to follow her to a table. She stops me and says something, can't understand for the phukin' mask(I'm wearing one as well). But she stops me and mumbles something that I didn't catch. It looks like she's reaching for more silverware but nope.... Quicker than I can say kiss my ass, she has shot me with a contactless thermometer. Well what the....)(*&(Z&)(&. We're talking micro seconds here and it sinks in that she has violated my space with her bullshit. I look at her and say "Phuk you"... and head back out the door. I hope the place goes broke. In retrospect I am amazed at the number of cars in the parking lot and diners at the table. Sheep!
    Doug..... have you ever had any anger management therapy sir?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I get being pissed at gooberment fiats, ever changing goal posts. This seems not that big a deal.

Then again I dont think a public business should have the right to limit my right to protect myself unless they have competent armed security. Private proproperty rights are for private property. Once you open to the public for business purposes there are some things you cant force.

Many disagree with me on that so....

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Well I was offering that as a suggestion as opposed to showing your ass and cussing out somebody just trying to do what they've been asked to by management. But you do you!
    I appreciate the suggestion. And now you're aware it could happen to you, you will not be totally surprised like I was. It's no different that someone reaching in you pocket and taking something, reaching in your car and taking something. It's just not what people do - or not what they used to do. Rest assured in the future few if any words will be spoken but much will be said when I about face and walk out. If you don't mind someone gathering information about you, something as benign as a body temp. ask yourself - what is your "red" line? Do you have one? Are you prepared to suggest someone put up a sign when your red line is unexpectedly crossed? Understand.... I'm not screaming these questions. They're not intended as "in your face" comments. Just maybe something to reflect on at a later time.

Top Bottom