• Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I feel like I lost my virginity!
    If I felt like I had just lost my virginity (something a woman loses, not a man because a virgin is, or used to be, a term applied only to females) I'd have to have my head examined for feeling out of my gender. Now, I do get what you meant by saying that in te more progressive snese of the terminology, and let me address it in that context: If I felt like I had just gotten laid for the first time - I would enjoy every little bit of it because that was a wonderful experience and the older experienced woman I had for my first led me through it nicely. The way you seem to look at it though, it sounds like you felt someone popped you up your arse and busted your cherry. That seems a little overboard for someone taking your temperature with a contactless thermometer. I can understand not wanting it done, I might take offense myself if someone did it without asking my permission but I certainly would not feel like someone busted my cherry so to speak. :popcorn::banana::laughing:

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    what’s all this talk about cherries ?
    Florida-Woman-arrested-sex-toy-at-store.jpg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You have the option to shop or not. People pushed into cattle cars had smg's pointed at them. That can happen when you don't have gun rights. Maybe that's what the democrats end point is. Not quite the same as going into a restaurant.

M's point is that this is how it starts. People accept some infringement on their rights. Then a virus comes along and people accept more infringement. Then one day they will register all guns. Based on what I am seeing, most folks will say "They are only registering guns, they aren't confiscating them. What is the big deal. Not worth fighting over. They are just doing their jobs." Next they will come to the door and demand the guns. And most folks will give in.

It is a slippery slope. We have failed to draw a line in the sand in the past. If we don't do so, at some point we will be standing in line for cattle cars.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    People need to ask themselves what their reaction would have been one year ago today if they were told they MUST:

- Stay 6’ away from others
    - Wear a mask when in public
    - Limit the size of family gatherings
    - Enter stores single file 6’ apart
    - Shop in only one direction down aisles
    - Stay within a 12” square at the checkout

etc.

Now, they have “conditioned” us in addition to other bs like power outages, mail in voting, distance learning, etc. We are now ready to accept anything

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    When the hostess scanned him with the thermometer, OP should have fallen to the floor grabbing his face and screaming “My eyes! my eyes! You’ve blinded me” at the top of his lungs.
    If you knew me very well you'd understand how very real that could of been 15-20 years ago! Love it!

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Hey.....you be you. Let your freak flag fly.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm "if you're going to do it....do it right" or why bother.....

Those things are not accurate enough for use to deny my admission anywhere.......

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    So, if your temperature 'IS' elevated - they bar you from entering?

Sounds like nuisance law suit territory to me...heh, heh...

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    So lemme posit this:

Its been warm of late. Some days pushing over triple digits. Some of us - probably more prone in those of larger carriage - run hot - high resting body temps to begin with. Add in hot days and the surface temp of our skin can be high. Are they going to turn away a fat guy who naturally runs hot, because their $5 or 10 thermometer says he's got a fever?

I tend to side with Doug on this - post the damn sign so you know what you're agreeing to going in, don't pull shit out of your hat once we're in. A bunch of waitresses / hostesses aren't medical professionals and aren't qualified to assess one's medical condition or not. If my skin is hot and I'm sweaty, is it because I've got a fever, or because it's fuckin' summer in Texas and as a big fat guy I'm going to show up hot? This fatty would be taking his business elsewhere and not patronizing the establishment again. I've put up with the mask thing in most places I frequent because I don't want to cause hassle to the workers - not because I give a shit about Karen and Nancy's opinion. Its time to end that charade anyway - but until Abbott finds his brain and ends the nonsense, its going to continue.

Temperature checks are not a mandated part of any order I'm familiar with, so its more than over the top. This feels like the baby steps toward the stupid talked about COVID-ID bullshit. "You can take our battery of screens for entry into any building, or you can get this nifty card for only $59.99 that's good for two weeks at a time" - that's where I see this nonsense going if its not stopped.

COVID is a far scarier political disease than it is a biological disease.

Top Bottom