• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Do you think its fair for LE to push local businesses post signs to ban weapons?Some people would think it might be a hint that they would be served better if they did what LE tells them.That to me seems like LE is "TESTING" the law.

This may have been a political venue, not necessarily from the rank and file officers. In many commuities the mayor (or city council, or county commissioners) makes these types of decisions and the opinion of the police may have nothing to do with what the folks downtown are pushing. Kinda' like parents blaming the teachers or campus administrators at a school for all the rules the students have to follow that are sent down from the school board (elected citizens!).

Edit to add: No, it's not fair (whatever that means?) for law enforcement to push any agenda, in my opinion. They are out there for law enforcement and the overall safety of the community (citizens). They sometimes enforce laws they don't like. Pushing local businesses to do anything like this becomes strictly politics, and stinks............like politics usually does.
    Capitol Armory ad

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    This constant attitude of trying to proves cops wrong, make them look foolish and bash LE has grown stale....

No offense was intended. My experience has been simply LE for the most part lacks an "on the job" understanding of CC laws. I am pro-LE to the extent the "state" doesn't use them to infringe upon my Constitutional Rights.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    LE consistantly has to attend legislative update classes. It is unfortunate that your experience has been that LE lacks understanding. The officers that I know appear to understand how it works pretty well... Prosecutors differ from area to area but often instruct LE how they want cetain laws interpreted. What you consider an infringment the courts may not.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    LE consistantly has to attend legislative update classes. It is unfortunate that your experience has been that LE lacks understanding. The officers that I know appear to understand how it works pretty well... Prosecutors differ from area to area but often instruct LE how they want cetain laws interpreted. What you consider an infringment the courts may not.

Of course any infringement begins with the courts, and of course I can only speak from "my" experience. LE are simply "tools" of the state, and they do serve a purpose thank God.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    That is consistent with my experience. I grew up in NY...

Oh Yea? I have been to Binghampton. I always thought NY people were all liberals idiots. The first time I went up there I noticed most of them were no different than me. The rural people explained its the "city" for the most part that make them look bad. I like it up there but they all sound funny.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Oh Yea? I have been to Binghampton. I always thought NY people were all liberals idiots. The first time I went up there I noticed most of them were no different than me. The rural people explained its the "city" for the most part that make them look bad. I like it up there but they all sound funny.
    They think you sound funny

Many States are ruined by populous liberal voting cities.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I think I just got called a "tool".....

I dont think thats what he was implying.
    Maybe his thought are pretty much the same as mine.
    Such as;
    Legislature make's laws that are no damn good and infringe on people rights. As a result, the law enforcement and courts have to enforce the stupid shit.
    When the Constituents of Texas Politics start getting involved more often, I think we will see a great change that will better our communities.

While on the subjet, how many laws have you been expected to enforce that you didnt agree with?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I dont think thats what he was implying.
    Maybe his thought are pretty much the same as mine.
    Such as;
    Legislature make's laws that are no damn good and infringe on people rights.

While on the subjet, how many laws have you been expected to enforce that you didnt agree with?

I was kidding, I know what he meant. Just the way it read....""LE is a tool of the courts". Gave me a chuckle.
    As far as enforcing laws I dont agree with? There are a few. But my job isnt to enforce the laws I agree with. There has to be a standard and in our form of government the legislature sets what the standard will be.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Test question for our LE personnel on site: At "Clicks" near Hollister and Pinemont, they have a sign outside which says: "The licensed or unlicensed carry of firearms on the premises is illegal". Does this sign apply to CHL holders?
    Not an LEO, but I used to fish (err... play) there before and I would think they'd post it as a 51% place. If open carry applied, I'd think you'd have a hard time finding money games at the tables. :-)

Besides, if it's not 51% then the sign would need to be 30.06 compliant, wouldn't it?

Top Bottom